Our client, a premier finance firm, seeks a Senior RFP Writer to join their NYC team.
The Senior RFP Writer is a position within the Firm’s RFPs & Due Diligence group. The group supports all sales teams by completing RFPs, DDQs, and RFIs at various stages of the sales cycle for new and existing business. The team collaborates with departments across the Firm to craft compelling, accurate, and robust responses to questions that span topics related to the Firm, all its products, and processes. The function is critical for winning new business and retaining existing business. The team also populates and maintains external consultant databases.
The Senior RFP Writer is primarily responsible for writing a significant portion of RFPs, DDQs, and RFIs received by the team. Once acclimated with the Firm and its products, the Senior RFP Writer is expected to play a major role in crafting and articulating new/improved content and messaging.
The Senior RFP Writer will manage RFP/RFIs from beginning to end, as assigned by the Director, meeting all deadlines. The Senior RFP Writer is expected to bring the draft of the RFP through the review process (RFP Director, Legal, Accounting, Sales, and President/COO), make all changes and identify areas where more research is needed. The Senior RFP Writer will retain and apply feedback (appropriately) to future requests.
Core tasks include:
- Drafting proposals and creating content that is accurate, concise, and compelling, while ensuring RFP/RFI specifications are met.
- Collaborating effectively with the RFP Director and subject matter experts across the Firm to gather information and update and improve upon existing content
The ideal candidate will:
- Learn the Firm’s strategies, investment philosophy, and processes; and ultimately be able to articulate these clearly and creatively when answering RFP questions. The successful candidate will apply the standards contained in the Firm’s Writing Style Guide to written content.
- Take part in ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested by the Director
- A four-year bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of experience in the investment management or financial services industry
- RFP experience desired, but not mandatory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated writing/editing/proofreading abilities. Able to “write with the reader in mind”
- Superior research skills. Will be able to thoroughly understand various topics and support them with facts.
- Comfortable juggling and prioritizing multiple deadlines. Maintains composure under pressure
- Ability to form positive working relationships with internal business partners
- Ability to leverage existing content/knowledge and collaborate to improve/expand it
- Detail oriented, yet able to see the big picture and move the process forward
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and navigate obstacles to produce a final product by required deadlines
- Persistent and able to navigate through ambiguity with decisiveness
- Knowledge of asset management, particularly equities
- Must be committed to continuous improvement and producing high-quality work
- Interested in growing his/her knowledge and possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, mainly Word and Excel
- Experience with a third-party content management system such as Qvidian or PMAPS is helpful