FULLBEAUTY Brands™ is the most trusted, comprehensive resource for plus-size women and men seeking fashion inspiration, style advice, and clothing tailored to their individual needs. Proprietary brands under the FULLBEAUTY Brands umbrella include: Woman Within®, Roaman’s®, Jessica London®, Ellos®, swimsuitsforall®, KingSize®, Brylane Home® and fullbeauty.com®, an online marketplace offering a curated collection of the finest brands and thousands of products – the premier fashion and lifestyle destination for women sizes 12+.
The Senior Merchandise Manager leads the merchandising and buying process for one of the largest areas within their Brand/Division. The position is accountable for planning and executing goals set to achieve sales plan, mark up, return rates and profit (EBIDTA). The Senior Merchandise Manager leads a team of Assistant Merchandisers/Associate Merchandisers and strongly partners with the Inventory and Merchandise Planning team to support best possible fulfillment, Creative Services to support catalog/web creative, Global Sourcing /Technical Design/Quality Assurance to aid in achieving set price goals & fit quality standards, Marketing to analyze and respond to customers' needs and promote products according to branding, and E-Commerce to drive online KPIs. The Senior Merchandise Manager is also involved in company initiatives and interacts with senior management.
- Present overall trend direction each season for assigned area including research analysis summary and key items identified.
- Review key performance indicators actual vs. plan. Determine root causes of why execution worked/didn’t work and develop action plans to maximize opportunities and minimize risks.
- Develop strategy, product, assortment plans and pricing in assigned categories by analysis of past business, shopping market and other retail stores and determine assortment by season.
- Develop seasonal strategies for presentations by lifestyle both online & offline.
- Interact daily with Creative, E-Commerce, Inventory/ Planning, Global Sourcing, Domestic Vendors and Technical Design teams to coordinate merchandising objectives and support cross collaboration.
- Manage vendors or collaborate with Global Sourcing to develop new product according to the brand positioning, source piece goods, negotiate costs to meet margins/AIMU goals, ensure quality standards, and use our fabric/materials base to improve service levels.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to recruit, integrate, develop direct reports ensuring goals and activities are aligned with individual and business expectations.
- Partner with DMM/VP, DMM/VP, GMM to mentor and share expertise with Merchandise Managers to support their development.
- Represent merchandising team on special committees and/or transversal initiatives or projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters/MBA a plus
- Minimum 7-8 years of merchandising and product development experience
- Expertise in product development, trend and branding
- Apparel experience (Catalog and/or web) is required
- Strong leadership skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a must