The Brand Manager is responsible for the relationship between the agency and its clients. The Brand Manager will generally look after client needs through direct contact, liaison, and the management of agency resources. The Brand Manager will be the key, day-to-day agency representative to the client and will maintain a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. They must be knowledgeable in both the client’s business and the agency business. The Brand Manager reviews all strategic and media decisions formulated by the various operating departments before they are delivered to the client. The Brand Manager also reviews all creative concepts to confirm whether they meet strategic goals before delivery to the client for approval.
This person should hold a business or marketing degree, together with successful advertising agency experience in more junior, supervised account group capacities. The Brand Manager needs strong verbal and written communication skills; a capability for analytical thinking; a sense of entrepreneurship; dynamic presentation skills; personal organization; and interpersonal skills.
· Maintains direct, day-to-day, level client contact.
· Directs the activities of account coordinators to ensure proper agency service to clients.
· Works in a proactive manner to provide client marketing plans with the greatest amount of added value through communications.
· Receives client briefing and devises communications strategy.
· Analyzes client input, together with background knowledge, research, field feedback, etc., to produce full communications plans.
· Briefs creative and relevant staff of upcoming expectations.
· Ensures technical details and product representations are appropriate.
· Provides creative, production, media, public relations and interactive department personnel with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required; ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups.
· In the absence of creative and media personnel, presents and effectively sells communications plans, concepts, media and interactive marketing plans to clients; where creative and media personnel are present, supports them in selling concepts and plans.
· Provides clients with budget updates.
· Keeps apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments.
· Coordinates and authorizes quotations for client approval.
· Assists in the preparation of client invoices.
· Liaises with research personnel and other non-creative freelance resources.
· Checks and approves copy, design, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
· Fosters the development and gainful employment of junior account service staff where appropriate.
· Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel, especially the project manager.
· Prepares month-end overviews of the client’s current activities, and monthly revenue forecasts, plus plans for future development of accounts.
· Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development.
· Represents the agency at industry functions—promotes the agency at every opportunity. Is fully familiar with agency credentials and specialties.
· Continuously works to upgrade knowledge and skills through available reading, courses, and seminars.
· Reports to the Director of Account Services.
· Provides clients with clear access to senior management.
· Reviews strategies and recommends improvements.
· Experience in professional client relationship management
· A background in advertising, design or marketing
· The ability to plan and strategize
· A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Effective team management capabilities
· A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
· Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
· The willingness to note relevant trends and develop ideas
· The ability to work as an authoritative figure in a busy team