Project Controls Analyst
Material Handling Systems, Inc., LOUISVILLE kentucky
The Project Controls Analyst will provide business partner support to the Business Unit Finance and Project Management teams. This role will focus primarily on project-based activity with strong communication and business partnering skills required. The role requires interaction with management and a variety of functions throughout the organization. The Project Controls Analyst will also be tasked with driving continuous improvement in processes, practices, and compliance.
· Assist Business Unit Finance and Project Management teams in developing scalable financial processes for Project Management and Field Services and enable a consistent process workflow
· Prepare, monitor and forecast of Lifetime Plan budgets for projects, ensuring that the cost estimate is consistent with the scoping statement and delivery schedule and assist Project Managers in the preparation of sanction request papers
· Perform various tasks for projects in the ERP:
· Project creation
· Contract and documentation management
· Change order implementation
· Forecast update
· Project analytical reporting
· Review project results within the ERP to provide actual cost data for cost. Align actual hours in ERP at WBS level with scheduled hours in Microsoft Project and update forecasted hours as necessary. Allocate forecasted hours between WBS activities and report any significant deviations from plan.
· In the preparation of cost reports, identify critical areas, provide trend analysis and early warnings, assist project managers to explain (in detail) Period, YTD and year end SV's, CV's, SPI's and CPI's; in particular identifying reasons for significant variances.
· Maintaining project risk and issue log evaluation, control and reporting
· Preparing earned value analysis
· Monitoring resource allocation and evaluation against cost plan
· Work with IT and outside vendors to modify and enhance internal systems as needed
· Develop standardized reporting framework and communicate results on a consistent basis
· Identify financial trends utilizing actual data and compiling useful analysis reports for key stakeholders to monitor financial performance at an entity level..
· Work cross functionally with various functions including Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Field Services, Project Management, Sales band other groups
· Ad hoc requests and special projects will be required on an as needed basis.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related
· 1-3 years of corporate finance or consulting experience
· Prior experience working in an ERP project cost module performing project and financial work processes
· Track record of working independently and developing a collaborative environment across business landscape.
· Strong interpersonal, analytical and statistical skills are required.
· Ability to drive projects and programs to completion
· Skilled at networking both internally and externally
It is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.