Stealth Mode Company (Confidential), VENICE california
We are looking for a highly talented Accountant/ Personal Assistant to support a number of different hospitality and sporting team ventures.
This person will play a key role to manage general accounting and financial processes of our portfolio. You’ll be responsible for all daily accounting tasks and general financial management in consultation with our external firms. You will perform and support performance of all financial transactions and documentation, and have strong attention to detail along with amazing communication skills to successfully support operations of the portfolio. You will also carry out relevant administrative duties (e.g. responding to clients via email and handling invoices) as well as support other operational requirements of the portfolio and team.
Ultimately, you will ensure the portfolio's finances run smoothly, and provide reporting and analytical information to support this
The ideal candidate is passionate and experienced in marketing, sports and/or hospitality. He/she should have a savvy and entrepreneurial spirit and be comfortable working in an ever-changing environment. Unbelievable organizational skills, and relationship management skills are essential to support the growth and stabilization of these ventures.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files alone and in consultation with externally engaged firms
- Manage the relationship between the owner(s) of the portfolio, business stakeholders and external firms
- Provide guidance and support on financial health of the portfolio of companies
- Analyze budgets and create expense reports
- Examine tax policies and handle tax payments and returns
- Meet with clients to discuss confidential accounting issues
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities and expenses)
- Reconcile bank statements
- Conduct month-end and year-end closures
- Prepare documents for audits
- Advise business stakeholders and company owner(s) on financial issues
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations'
- Act as a key conduit between the owner(s) and other stakeholders, firms and suppliers
- Work closely and effectively with other team members working across the portfolio to ensure operations are optimized and other administrative requirements are taken care of.
- 5+ years finance and operations experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience as a staff accountant, or relevant role in accounting
- Degree in Accounting; MSc is a plus
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; very good with spreadsheets
- Knowledge of an accounting information system is a plus
- Amazing attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills – a commitment to operational excellence
- Great relationship management and communication skills
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Start-up feel - autonomy in your role
- Flexible work environment
- Diverse and fun portfolio of industries
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.