Jobs related to "Research Assistant"
As the foundation of the department, the Conflicts Analyst Assistant provides top-notch customer service while collaborating with stakeholders across the globe. Utilizing a global legal database and online search engines, you will perform in depth research on corporations on a global scale, gaining insight into their structure and affiliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in the identification of potential conflicts of interest through corporate and conflicts database research of client and matter information provided by potential new lateral partner and counsel candidates;
• Become proficient in understanding and utilization of conflicts of interest database, including the maintenance and update of the conflicts database;
• Research corporate history of clients and parties related to the former and new client work;
• Respond to lawyers’ and business services employees’ requests and perform conflicts of interest searches;
• Assist the Conflicts Manager, Supervisor, and Analysts in the resolution and clearance of conflicts of interest issues;
• Assist the Managing Director of New Business Conflicts and Compliance, Director of New Business Conflicts and Compliance, Conflicts Managers, Supervisors and Analysts with a wide range of research requests and other projects;
• Become a key contributor to ongoing process improvement
• General administrative duties including proofreading and filing;
• All members of the firm are highly encouraged to participate in our Global Citizenship program.
• Assist with other duties related to the resolution and clearance of the conflicts of interest issues as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Proven ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality in highly sensitive matters
• Must possess strong analytical skills and know when to dive deep
• Naturally curious with a desire to understand the “why”
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strict attention to detail
• Have a highly self-driven sense of motivation
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment.
• Must have data entry skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• 2 year degree is required , Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Previous experience in a customer service related position or internship is preferred
• Proven experience performing database and/ or academic research
• Experience handling multiple projects at once while adhering to deadlines
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., including lunch hour. Must be flexible to work additional hours.
This job description sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position and may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Hogan Lovells is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or protected veteran status, or other factors protected by law.