Centerline is a content marketing agency with a passion for resolving complex communications challenges with strategic and creative digital content.
Senior Art Directors at Centerline are masters of their craft and team players who strive to both create and oversee top-level projects. As a SAD you will lead and partner with motion graphic designers, editors, designers, creative leaders, project and account management teams, and clients to successfully execute smart, functional, brilliantly designed solutions that solve business challenges.
This position requires design expertise and technical understanding across multiple mediums (design, interactive, 2D/3D animation, video), excellent communication skills, and a high level of collaboration. You will be called on to be an expert on our client’s brands; oversee the design and execution of projects; create and establish top-level design for projects; and be innovative while working within corporate client style guides, templates and existing campaigns.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Partner with creative directors to lead the concepting, design and execution of projects and help translate that concept for others to execute.
- Translate others’ concepts and existing client information into visually compelling stories under tight deadlines.
- Be innovative while working within client brand guidelines
- Collaboratively lead creative process, deliverables, and creative studio team utilization to deliver outstanding end results.
- Ensure the consistency, brand relevance, and quality of deliverables.
- Possess a willingness to jump in and provide assistance outside of job description to achieve team success.
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure, managing projects and time.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, while working independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- 7+ years of direct art direction experience within an agency, with a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience mentoring and leading a team of interactive designers, motion graphic designers, and editors.
- Expert understanding of design fundamentals, typography, layout, color theory and UX.
- Experience art directing for interactive experiences, not limited to web.
- Understanding of motion graphic design/animation or editing.
- Understanding of video production processes and workflow.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to accurately budget and dictate project schedules and staffing needs to fit all ranges of deliverables.
- Attention to detail and intense desire to elevate the quality no matter the creative challenge that is presented.
- Technical direction prowess for streamlining processes and pipelines.
- Ability to both set the art direction (get into the work) and/or coach a team of artists and studio members to execute on the set art direction.
About Centerline Digital
Founded in 1996, Centerline Digital is headquartered in Raleigh, N.C. We craft strategic content and experiences that provoke thought and create meaningful connections. We’re experts in telling complex stories and believe no two client engagements are the same. Centerline offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that includes fully paid employee medical and dental benefits, a matching 401k plan, paid time off for volunteer work, and company paid gym memberships.