Jobs related to "Senior Tax Analyst"
Senior Tax Analyst
Global Tax Management, Mc Lean Virginia
Global Tax Management (GTM)is 100% employee owned (ESOP) and the largest firm in the Mid-Atlantic region that focuses exclusively on providing corporate tax services to mid-size and large multinational, public, and Fortune 500 companies seeking a specialized, high value alternative to national accounting firms.
When you welcome an opportunity with Global Tax Management (GTM), you will be a part of a winning team while adding value to your career as a tax professional. At GTM you will have the ability to engage with leaders, while immersing yourself in challenging work that directly impacts our clients. We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join our Lead Tax practice in our McLean, VA office.
The Senior Tax Analyst will be responsible for the preparation and review of federal, state & local, income tax returns, providing support to tax management, preparing and reviewing federal and state tax estimates, extensions, forecasting, assisting tax management with corporate income tax audits, and tax accounting in compliance with ASC 740. The Senior Tax Analyst will also have had exposure to various multistate and international tax issues. The ideal candidate must be detailed oriented with strong analytical skills and the ability to handle multiple engagements simultaneously. Experience in corporate tax preparation software such as: Corptax, ONESOURCE, or GoSystem RS is preferred.
GTM is an employee owned organization (ESOP), specializing in tax services for multi-national Fortune 1000 and SEC corporate clients. By understanding our clients' business strategies, we provide a broad range of federal, state, local and international tax services to meet their needs.
- Prepare complex consolidated and standalone corporate federal and state income tax returns for selected clients
- Demonstrate understanding of tax return filing requirements for foreign operations
- Conduct federal and state tax research and draft/review memorandums to support tax return filing positions and special projects as required, with the goal of minimizing tax expense
- Demonstrate understanding of ASC 740 and ability to prepare income tax accrual calculations
- Build and manage client relationships while managing tax professionals working on client projects
- Advise clients and a strong commitment to delivering high quality tax service
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA, MST or Advanced Degree a plus
- 2-3 years of corporate income tax preparation and experience working in either a corporate tax department or professional services environment
- 2-3 years of corporate tax preparation software experience: Corptax, ONESOURCE, or GoSystem RS preferred
- Working knowledge with online tax research tools (CCH, RIA, BNA)
- Excellent advisory and compliance skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate complex information
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams
GTM offers a competitive compensation/benefit package which includes participation in the ESOP, continuing education, annual bonus, and comprehensive benefits.