Penguin Computing, Inc. a subsidiary of SMART Global Holdings, specializes in innovative Linux infrastructure, including Open Compute Project (OCP) and EIA-based high-performance computing (HPC) on-premise and in the cloud, AI, software-defined storage (SDS), and networking technologies, coupled with professional and managed services including sys-admin-as-a-service, storage-as-a-service, and hosting, as well as highly rated customer support. Penguin Computing became part of SGH in June 2018.
A global leader in memory, storage, embedded and high performance computing solutions for the electronics industry, is seeking to hire an attorney with experience in federal government contracts. This professional will report directly to the Chief Legal Officer. The successful candidate will handle all government contracts and government contracting compliance and will tackle a broad array of commercial and technology agreements with vendors and customers, including manufacturing and supply agreements, joint development agreements and IP licensing; also support M&A transactions, corporate governance and compliance programs. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking to develop a wide range of counseling skills.
- Negotiation and administration of government contracts;
- Advising on FARs, security clearances, export controls and ITAR;
- Manage government contracts compliance;
- Supporting strategic transactions, including M&A transactions;
- Negotiating and drafting commercial and technology, partnership and business development agreements;
- Negotiating and drafting customer contracts and supply agreements;
- Supporting corporate governance (securities compliance experience is a plus, but not required);
- Compliance with data privacy regulations;
- Assist in developing and delivering training for various compliance programs;
- Shared oversight of corporate compliance programs; and
- Tackling day-to-day legal issues and needs as they arise.
- License to practice in California;
- 4-6 years post-JD experience;
- Significant experience with government contracts
- Strong negotiating and drafting skills;
- Strong organization and prioritization skills;
- Strong work ethic; and
- Ability to work independently.
Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong atttention to detail;
- Highly responsive to client needs; and
- Demonstrate good business acumen.
Penguin Computing is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to sex, age, national origin, race, ethnicity, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.