Jobs related to "Medicare/Private Insurance Coordinator"
sComm is seeking a full time Medicare/Private Insurance Coordinator to join our team. sComm is the engineer and manufacturer of the UbiDuo. The UbiDuo is a communication device that enables a deaf and a hearing person to interact with each other face-to-face when the interpreter is not available. This position is located in our downtown Raytown office.
This position will provide guidance and assistance to the patient in navigating the medicare/private health insurance process of meeting the qualifications, securing approval and payment of the UbiDuo, a durable medical equipment (DME) approved device. The Medicare/Private Insurance Coordinator must have excellent communication skills and ability to use computer applications and software including SugarCRM, Excel and shared Docs to complete daily activities in a team environment.
We are a 100% debt-free family owned assistive technology company. We are the only Medical Device company in Medicare history to have a Communication device for the deaf and hard of hearing market. We are the leader of the UbiDuo 2 communication device for the business to business market such as hospitals, colleges, universities, police, and government agencies. You can learn more about sComm at www.sComm.com
Position: Full Time Medicare/Private Insurance Coordinator
- 1 Year or more of experience analyzing the eligibility of health insurance coverage and benefits for Medicare or private insurance
- Related office environment
- Good written skills and professional telephone etiquette
- Good time management, organizational and customer service
- Adaptable and ability to identify priorities
- Works well in a team setting, interacting with other sComm office staff and outside sales representatives
- Familiar with Excel, Google Docs, Sugar CRM
- Medical and insurance terminology a plus
- A strong desire to help deaf & hard of hearing individuals
- Calling doctors’ offices and scheduling appointments for deaf patients
- Follow up with the doctors for referrals to Speech Language Pathology (SLPs)
- Calling Speech Language Pathologists and scheduling evaluations
- Follow up with Speech Language Pathologists for evaluation report
- Emailing sales representatives
- Emailing deaf patients of appointments and explain what the appointment is for
- Follow up with doctor office for Rx (prescription) to close the claim
- Copying documents and faxing information to doctors and SLPs
- Filing patient files, handling correspondence, and maintaining data using computer or manual systems
- Maintain and assure security measures are followed regarding HIPPA rules
- Assist with shipping as needed
- Prepare status reports as defined by management
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, bend, stoop and reach
- Other duties as assigned
Base salary with bonus plan
3 weeks vacation
401K with 5% match
FLSA Determination: The position is Non-Exempt
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer granting equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons, without regard to race, color, gender, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, or veteran status.
You can contact Ginny Templeton about the job on cell at 615-785-7543, [email protected] or the office at 816-350-7008.