Jobs related to "Procurement Manager"
Avenues Recruiting Solutions, MINNEAPOLIS minnesota
Department: Materials Position: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining inventory practices and procedures for Corporation. In collaboration with other functional areas, the materials manager is responsible for moving inventory, reducing costs, improving delivery, and thereby increasing customer satisfaction.
Standard Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Respond to internal requests by providing information regarding supply, service and cost of inventory.
2. Facilitate meetings involving suppliers, purchasers and other company personnel.
3. Develops policies and procedures to ensure cost, delivery and product quality of incoming shipments.
4. Prepares procurement and usage reports by collecting and analyzing cost, quality user vendor and other information.
5. Manages and utilizes staff to efficiently meet goals and objectives of department and the divisions.
6. Handles transportation of materials corporate wide.
7. Performs ongoing evaluation of vendors and products.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge of purchasing by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
9. Assist in determining disposition for materials and services identified as non-conforming.
10. Conduct annual performance appraisals and reviews.
11. Comply with Company Policies and Procedures; observe Safety Rules and Regulations.
12. Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
1. BS Degree or equivalent preferred.
2. Leadership skills in setting direction and building teams.
3. Leadership skills for planning and problem solving.
4. Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to promote and sustain quality.
5. Technical knowledge of inventory practices for manufacturing/distribution environment.
6. Effective communication skills with peers, management, employees and vendors.
7. Self-motivated; takes initiative.
8. Team player, works cooperatively with others to solve problems and willingly helps others when assistance is needed.