Jobs related to "Compliance Officer - Life Insurance"
One of our best clients, a leading Life Insurance company, is searching for an experienced Compliance Officer. The primary role of this position is to establish (along with the CRO) best practices for Compliance, Regulatory and Risk Management at the enterprise level. Strong relationship building and Collaboration skills and the ability to interact and influence the most senior levels of management is key. We are looking for someone who is not content with the status quo and who will drive to push forward thinking initiatives throughout the organization. This role will be responsible for the establishment, implementation and maintenance of all standards, procedures and programs to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulatory and statutory requirements. You will work closely with the Audit Committee, State Regulators, Sales and Marketing and Internal Employees.
Current or previous Life Insurance industry experience is required
To be considered for this opportunity you must have experience and knowledge in these areas:
• Regulatory - Development and clear communication of the regulatory strategy which includes setting the vision and development of the strategic roadmap. You will be a technical advisor, facilitator and trainer able to report results to senior leadership. You will provide oversight and create guidelines, process, policy and procedure on all state and federal regulatory matters and stay current and engaged with the appropriate life insurance trade associations (ALCI, LICONY, etc.). Primary contact and liaison with state conduct regulators and examiners nationwide. Coordinate and manage examiner interactions including regulatory visits, meetings and examinations while ensuring positive and effective relationships with the examiners.
• Risk Management – Develop and implement best in class frameworks for conduct, regulatory and reputational risk management including the use of risk metrics that will be embedded into decision making and business planning.
• Financial Crimes - Maintains robust Financial Crime policies that meet all relevant AML/ABC/Anti-Fraud/Sanctions requirements.
• Oversight and Monitoring – Establish a process to oversee the implementation of required and on-going compliance actions, monitoring, internal audit and regulatory interactions. Utilize data to develop trends and analysis of complaints and producer monitoring.
• Governance and Reporting - Provide insightful and high-quality reporting on matters such as divisional performance, risks and issues to management and appropriate reporting to the risk committee and audit committee.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree (Law degree preferred but not required)
• Minimum 8 to 10 years of relevant (Life insurance compliance) experience
• Experienced user of Data Analytics tools
• Knowledge of Life Insurance products (Term, UL) and surrounding regulatory issues
• Strategy experience
• Experience working Sales/Marketing, Audit and Regulators
• Strategy and Planning experience
• Experience with presentations and BOD level presentations
This is a Full time and permanent Leadership position and will require the incumbent to be on site full time (no remote).