JELD-WEN Windows & Doors is currently hiring for the position of Quality Control Manager/Composite. We are seeking a dependable, hard-working, detail-oriented individual to join our team in Vista, California.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, oversee, apply, maintain and drive quality requirements and standards for the development and manufacturing of their respective JELD-WEN product throughout the production cycle, from materials acquisition to the finished product in accordance with product specifications and KPI’s.
- Own the site Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure product compliance to National Accreditation & Management Institute (NAMI) requirements and customer expectations.
- Manage all Quality Control (QC) functions (e.g. MRB, Incoming Inspection, In-process Inspection, First Articles, etc.) to ensure that all incoming materials and products made are according to company performance and quality standards
- Support “Advanced Product Quality Planning” activities such as pFMEA’s, Cpk studies and Control Plans.
- Oversee, manage, create, documents and implement inspection and quality control criteria and procedures, and
- Create, oversee and direct Receiving/Inspection teams, SQDCI, TPS, and Lean manufacturing production and applications.
- Manage the sites calibration system.
- Perform quality reviews and report quality system metrics to key stakeholders including compliance metrics and trending
- Supervise or assist workers involved in quality, inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity and quality.
- Ensure continuous improvements and quality control over materials, facilities, products and services in which manufacturing plants are engaged.
- Serve as the primary quality assurance resource to plant management for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting, and continuous improvement activities. Collaborates with R&D and Engineering, as needed, to effectuate same.
- Lead root-cause analysis investigations and reporting. Lead, coach and implement focused improvement activities and teams to mitigate production issues associated with root-cause investigations and analysis.
- Manage the corrective action process and work with purchasing to address supplier quality/delivery performance issues.
- Reviews complaints or warranty claims received to determine where quality control emphasis should be placed at the plant to eliminate problems.
- Maintain and support tracking of jig/fixture inventory and aid in the design of new or revised tools that support quality and efficiency initiatives.
- Develop and recommend inspection and sampling techniques and quality control plans.
- Responsible for establishment and implementation of quality specifications, testing procedures and standards for raw materials and finished products.
- Work with plant staff, R&D, Engineering and other cross-functional teams relating to quality and reliability of the various JELD-WEN product lines.
- Leads and/or conducts training on quality control, reliability and CI (JEM) initiatives.
- Conduct performance evaluations of staff annually, bi-annually, or as needed.
- Perform other specified duties as directed by the Plant Manager, Assistant Plant Manager (where applicable) Production Manager, or VP of Operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related technical discipline or field preferred, and three (3) to five (5) years of quality control experience in a manufacturing environment desired.
- Hands on experience using modern Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methodologies including LEAN, TPS, etc.
- Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE/ASQ) and Six Sigma certification preferred (Green or Black Belt) is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in quality management systems. Experience in quality systems auditing, and knowledge of quality control systems and standards needed.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering and technological principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thought processes to develop, recommend, implement and drive quality control strategies and programs that address plant and corporate objectives, JELD-WEN’s Mission Statement, and KPI’s.
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis (CAPA, SCAR & A3’s) and the ability to mitigate QC issues.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills up and down the organizational hierarchy to include corporate and cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with direct reports and influence on those with whom there is not a reporting relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and thought processes to develop, recommend, implement and drive quality control strategies and programs that improve manufacturing operations in support of JELD-WEN’s products/KPI.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, CAD/AutoCAD, and other position applicable JELD-WEN engineering software applications.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance in a manufacturing environment and its potential impact on product quality.
- Must follow WDMA standard.
- (5) to (10) years of quality control experience in a manufacturing environment desired.
- Experience within the past five (5) years with hands on experience using modern Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methodologies including LEAN, TPS, SQDCI, OTD/JIT, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally and/or frequently lift and/or move stock, materials and unfinished and finished production-oriented materials in and near their work areas that weigh between 10 and 75 pounds. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will be reviewed and considered on a case-by case basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be frequently exposed to fumes, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and machines, vibrations and loud noises. All safety protocols including OSHA guidelines as mentioned above are mandatory.
JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To ensure the safety and health of our employees, JELD-WEN maintains a drug-free work environment.