Are you familiar with ISCI codes? Comfortable on a shoot and in a sunless sound studio? Happy to handle the tidal wave of minutiae and paperwork that comes with production? Then you might be our next Broadcast Producer at H&L Partners in Oakland’s Jack London Square. This position is temporary, covering a leave of about four to five weeks. Someone who can start immediately would be ideal. We produce a lot of broadcast—TV, radio, and online content. You will be responsible for making it happen. Making it good. Making it right. Making it on budget. And keeping a level head despite the lunacy of it all.
- Under the direction of the Executive Producer, produce TV and radio jobs, both general market and multicultural
- Create production and postproduction estimates and schedules for a range of projects
- Tracking the budgets and actualizing costs for those projects with finance and account teams
- Work closely with other H&L offices in managing their TV and radio needs
- Contact talent agents; send casting specs and scripts for on-camera, voiceover, and radio casting; and manage auditions with the creative teams
- Work with the Agency’s creative teams to secure internal and client approvals throughout the production process
- Generate talent contracts and submit them to the Business Affairs Manager along with a Talent Completion Report
- Conduct music searches for radio, Internet, and TV projects as assigned
- Coordinate with recording studios to hold and book studio time
- Work with project managers and in-house editors to help facilitate broadcast and digital projects
- Submit vendor invoices to the Executive Producer for approval, then code, file, and forward copies to Accounting in a timely manner
- Generate vendor POs and reconcile them with vendor invoices
- Ensure that copies of all estimates, as well as other pertinent information, are stored on the agency production server
- Troubleshoot production problems when needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of experience with the broadcast production process, both in TV and radio
- Minimum of two years of experience in advertising
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with creative and account teams, project managers, and outside vendors; must be good at motivating people while working as part of a team
- Able to multitask, manage many projects at once, and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible, able to act decisively, and remain calm under pressure, all while maintaining a cheerful and unflappable can-do attitude
- Must be self-motivated and able to anticipate needs before they arise during broadcast jobs
- Prospective candidates should have a desire to continue learning about production and expanding their skill set
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE...
- Is comfortable handling all facets of production
- Loves to collaborate
- Has a drive to think creatively beyond the parameters of any given project
- Is solutions-oriented and good at making the impossible, possible
- Has a desire to work with a fun, tight-knit broadcast team within a growing ad agency
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland’s Jack London Square, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.