Associate Data Scientist (USC or Green Card)
nTech Solutions Inc., OAK BROOK illinois
Duration: 12-month contract, with possible extension and/or permanent conversion at end of contract
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Interview Mode: Technical Evaluation, then In-Person for Finalists
Pay Rate / Benefits
- Negotiable Hourly W2 Rate (Overtime eligible at 1.5X regular hourly rate)
- Health, Dental & Vision, and Life Insurance; Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, Discretionary 401K
- No Paid Time Off (PTO), which includes Holidays
About the Team / Position Overview
· Works with the company’s Customer Data Team as part of the Utilities Customer Analytics Program
· Standard M-F, 9a-5p type of shift (40 hours per week)
· Participating in the model development and operationalizing of big data solutions for internal users.
· Aspects of data engineering, data modeling, and dashboarding. There may some reporting and tracking mechanisms of users “sprinkled” in.
· Work Authorization – US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card)
· Education & Experience – Minimum Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of professional data analytics or machine learning experience OR a recent Master’s degree graduate in data analytics or machine learning
· Analytical Abilities
o Strong understanding in at least two of the following areas:
§ Machine learning
§ Artificial intelligence
§ Statistical modeling
§ Data mining
§ Information retrieval, or data visualization.
· Technical Knowledge
o Basic experience in developing and deploying predictive analytics projects using Python or R
· Communication Skills
o Ability to translate data analysis and findings into coherent conclusions and actionable recommendations to business partners, practice leaders, and executives.
o Strong oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills (Not Required)
· Experience working with big data with tools like Hadoop or Spark
nTech is an equal opportunity employer. All offers of employment are contingent upon pre-employment drug and background screenings. Only candidates who meet all of the above client requirements will be contacted by a recruiter.