Jobs related to "Mechanical Engineering Manager"
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Associated Environmental Systems, ACTON massachusetts
“True simplicity is derived from so much more than just the absence of clutter and ornamentation. It's about bringing order to complexity.” - Jony Ive
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced ME to lead our forward thinking team as the Mechanical Engineering Manager in Acton, MA. We're looking for someone with a proven track record of designing custom, integrated, cross-functional electro mechanical products for AES and our customers.
As part of the team you will have a unique and gratifying opportunity to create, develop, and shape the future of the AES product line. Mixed with the latest cutting edge resources in technology and industry leading clients, you will have all the resources needed for success!
- A firm grasp of project management is essential to this position. (Agile)
- Extensive experience with Solidworks is required.
- Experience with Solidworks PDM system or similar is required
- You will collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering, operations, design, and our OEM/development vendors to meet ambitious cost, schedule, and quality goals.
- Working knowledge of engineering materials, metal fabrication processes (welding, sheet metal forming, etc.), assembly processes and design for manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal, ability to clearly communicate design ideas, contribute to, and lead brainstorms
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive - excellent leadership skills.
- Experience in the design cycle from concept through manufacturing – high volume experience preferred
- Design intelligence: mechanical intuition, creative problem solving, spatial reasoning, diligence in finding the best solution for each design challenge, attention to detail
- Fosters a high level of creativity and independence in the design and development of new or improved processes, systems and projects
- Lead, grow, and inspire your team of engineers to create new and efficient designs
- Continually advance the development of our products using AES technologies to design and manufacture.
- Collaborate on project plans and organize resources to ensure project milestones and costs are met
- Able to surface and expose unresolved issues - keeps the team focused
- Experience managing large, complex projects - multiple projects
- Developing deep technical knowledge in areas outside your realm of expertise to understand other teams’ design constraints and craft creative solutions to technical problems
- Commitment to Lean Manufacturing methodologies
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of mechanical design and management experience working hands-on with product development
- 1+ years of team management and leadership experience
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Comfortable in front of customers
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- You are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team
- Proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- You communicate responsibilities and scope clearly
- Strong technical proficiency
- Decisive, able to drive team to agreement
- You feel a personal stake in the product you design and the people you lead
This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing and energetic team. We provide the tools and time to learn, make mistakes, and grow with us!
Benefits We Provide
Benefits include medical & dental plans, paid vacation, paid holidays, life insurance, and 401(k) plans with a company match.
Small company atmosphere with perks and advantages! Check out our website and facebook for a look at our company culture and our four legged team members.
Applicants must have the ability to work permanently in the United States without sponsorship, now and in the future. We are a dog friendly work environment.