Our client, a global life sciences leader, is looking for a Technical Writer to join its San Francisco Peninsula, CA based operations.
• Gathers, analyzes, and composes information provided by subject matter experts (SME).
• Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
• Translates SME information into clear, readable documents and process maps to be used by users
• Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
• Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
• Receives text from SMEs and writes documentation in a clear and concise style following company and project style guides
• Ensures documents are technically and mechanically accurate, and consistent with regard to clarity, flow, organization, completeness, and readability
• Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience in technical writing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and other document editing software (e.g. Word, Excel and Visio experience required)
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
• Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
• Ability to rely on limited knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals
• Process analysis and improvement
• Process mapping and documentation
• Business process management (BPM) facilitation preferred
• Passion for providing a great user experience
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Takes initiative with minimal supervision
• Consistently meets all deadlines
• Proficient in English – verbally and in writing
• Great attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills