Jobs related to "Human Resources Director"
Reporting to the CEO, the Human Resources Director will function as a strategic partner to the executive team of the organization. This individual will be responsible for building an HR function that will support the growth and expansion of the organization. The individual in this position is responsible for workforce planning, recruiting, leadership development, performance management, employee engagement, and compensation and benefits. The incumbent will serve in an advisory capacity to the CEO and other senior leaders on organization-wide issues. This individual will support a staff of 75 employees which includes, sales, auto body technicians and mechanics, operations and supply chain and finance.
- As a business leader, be an active participant on the executive team and participate in operational planning
- Develop a comprehensive human resources strategy and implementation plan that will allow the organization to grow to a multi-site organization
- Assess the current workforce capabilities, determine future workforce needs and develop a plan to close the gap through talent acquisition, employee development and coaching, and knowledge transfer among employees
- Develop and deploy talent acquisition and onboarding processes designed to acquire and retain high performance talent; this includes preparing job descriptions and determining the optimal recruiting channels for hourly, professional and executive level employees
- Develop and implement performance processes and systems including performance planning, job expectations, feedback and appraisal
- Identify training and education needs, develop and implement plans, programs and processes to meet those needs and consistently monitor the effectiveness of these programs
- Develop and implement Human Resources policies and programs that are compliant with the laws and regulations within each jurisdiction
- Handle all employee relations issues and find resolutions that are customer focused and balance the needs of the individual employee and the organization
- Work with the CFO in an advisory capacity for payroll and benefits
- Develop and manage the organization’s safety program
CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES/SKILLS SOUGHT
This position requires an energetic Human Resource professional who can operates as a business owner and will treat the business as if it were their own and has worked with senior executives including the CEO, CFO, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- This individual must place a very high value on integrity
- Excellent operational deployment skills
- Able to translate vision and strategy into clear actionable goals and execute those goals
- Problem solving skills; ability to assess a situation, focus on the issues, and create multiple solutions to resolve the issues
- He/she must be engaging and highly driven with an “action” orientation and a positive, “can-do” personal approach/bias for action
- At least five years of progressive Human Resources experience in small to mid-size companies; ideally in manufacturing with multi-site responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, human resources management/development, etc., preferred • Experience recruiting all levels of talent
- Intermediate/Advanced Experience in Microsoft Office including Outlook