Jobs related to "Research And Development Technician"
Research And Development Technician
AT3 Professional Staffing Solutions, Inc., TROY ohio
We are partnered with an industry leading manufacturer in paper and adhesives just north of Dayton in seeking a Research and Development (R&D) Technician This company offers the best of both worlds. A “not corporate” feel, with the stability and predictability of a large, long-standing company. If you’re looking to grow research your career in a fun, supportive collaborative environment where leadership is genuine, straightforward, and family-focused, this is for you!
The R&D Technician will support the R&D and Technical Support teams through application and performance testing of raw materials and pressure sensitive materials, assisting with production trials and providing professional evaluations of materials and applications to help determine possible product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding the use of lab equipment
- Understands and follows safe lab procedures
- Follows proper procedures for testing, leading to repeatable results
- Provides analysis of data and objectively reports results
- Acts as a support for R&D scientists and trials
- Provides laboratory support to Technical Consulting personnel
- Actively participates in expediting & resolving complaints and technical requests
- Fulfills sample request as needed
- Explains lab data in a manner that a customer can understand
- Meets individual and departmental goals as directed by department manager
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times to enhance overall relationships with customers
- Some travel on an irregular basis
- Ability to work overtime as required to support the business
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s or higher STEM degree, such as Chemistry, Paper Science, or Chemical Engineering is strongly preferred. 1-5 years’ relevant work experience considered
- Experience working in a development, quality or other laboratory required
- Experience in paper or film manufacturing processes, paper converting or digital printing methods, dispensing and labeling equipment, and/or end uses and techniques for the pressure sensitive industry is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Working understanding of statistics and comfortable with analytical reasoning and familiarity with the tools used to determine root cause
- Ability to identify, analyze and report trends and related corrective actions
- Ability to work independently
- Maintains a high level of living the Shared Values in all interactions with peers throughout the organization and during all customer relationships
Apply now or contact me directly.
Vice President Business Development
AT3 Professional Staffing Solutions, Inc.