About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
The Senior Accountant independently performs assigned accounting functions requiring the application of accounting principles and practices for GKN Aerospace.
· Establishes, modifies, documents and coordinates the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
· Assist with the management of the annual budget and forecast process: prepares schedules for the annual budget and periodic forecasts and coordinate data entry of same; facilitates cash management and forecasting activities.
· Consolidate monthly financial forecasts based on appropriate review working with operations, and the program organization.
· Prepare and deliver month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
· Performs balance sheet reviews and executes compliance requirements
· Facilitates Reporting Unit(s) physical inventory count and corresponding reconciliation
· Leads preparation for company internal and external audits with answering questions, obtaining documentation and discussing issues regarding a variety of accounting matters
· Monthly Sales, PLP, OPBI, Cash, and Inventory reconciliation
· Internal reporting and business analytics generation (Gold Reporting, Flash Reporting, etc.)
· Standard pricing system management and corresponding variance analysis
· Internal & External forecast projections including program and product line roll-up
· Fixed asset admin with CapEx Tracking
· Weekly site status updates including analyzing impact(s)
· Maintain the integrity of business accounts and ledgers.
· Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support the company’s goals and objectives
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience required.
· 3+ years accounting or finance experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must be a U.S. Person.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
· Aerospace experience preferred.
· Experience in both cost and general accounting disciplines.
· Working knowledge of margin analysis.
· Experience developing rate structures.
· Understanding of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) and all related legislation and regulation.
· Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
· Strong written, verbal, analytical and skills.
· Ability to create formal documents and conduct management presentations.