Jobs related to "Legal Secretary - Litigation"
Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Secretarial department, in Chicago, as a Legal Secretary. The hours for this role are 11:00 AM - 7:30 PM. Paid parking or transportation subsidy!
- Works as a team member on a dedicated resource team (Floor Associate Secretarial Team "FAST"). Will provide secretarial and administrative support for a number of assigned associates
- Primary duties include: Word processing, coordination of work production including interaction with other departments, phone coverage and travel. Secondary duties include: check requests, timekeeping, expenses, filing, mailings, printing, scanning and supplies
- Follows FAST leader's direction on day-to-day responsibilities and best practices
- Functions as mentor to entry-level team secretary as needed
- Coordinates absences, lunch breaks, etc. with FAST leader and other team members and adjusts work schedule as needed (with supervisory approval) to ensure consistent and uninterrupted coverage for assigned associates
- Receives assignments from associates or team members and performs tasks as requested. Utilizes alternative resources when a request cannot be fulfilled by the team or can be fulfilled more efficiently through another resource and ensures tasks are performed as requested
- Updates associates regarding receipt and status of tasks and consistently meet agreed upon deadlines
- Understands and adheres to specific associate preferences
- Enters all tasks into electronic work intake system as required
- Attends training as needed to ensure adequate support for assigned associates
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years Litigation experience required
- Typing of 70 WPM preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Proficiency in working on documents for relevant practice area required
- Able to work in a team environment with strong customer service focus
- Adaptable, proactive and reliable
- Basic grammar, punctuation and spelling skills required
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Able to communicate professionally with legal staff, departmental staff and clients
- Able to multi-task effectively
- Must be deadline oriented
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- Exhibit a highly professional approach when responding to requests and demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service support
- Minimal lifting up to 20 lbs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. EOE m/f/d/v/so