Jobs related to "Health Coach I"
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Outreach, Naturally Slim
SUPERVISES: N/A JOB CLASS: Exempt
Our Health Coach I will work with our clients to inspire healthier habits, educate in skill
building, and promote healthy weight loss. Building relationships is critical, with the priority
being developing wellness relationships with clients and assisting them through the process of
better health by providing support, building behavioral skills, and education. Contributes to
profitability and value by assuring quality service to customers of Naturally Slim.
· Learn and provide information on Naturally Slim programs to internal team members and
external clients with an emphasis on behavioral change and weight loss.
- Contacts participants who are eligible for the program to assure timely enrollment.
- Help teach habits and skills that promote behavioral change such as increased physical
activity, reduced caloric intake and healthy weight loss.
· Supports operational aspects of Naturally Slim to meet customer requirements/expectations
· Assist with developing and conducting web-based health classes and trainings for client
employees and/or family members (as applicable by client).
· Distribute health education materials to identified client employees and/or family members
(as applicable by client).
· Help with the development of customized care plans for participants including goals and plan
- Be at the forefront of technology and healthcare.
- Remove barriers to participant success.
- Assist with planning and coordinating special events/meetings as requested.
- Assists with developing and documenting internal processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical ability and a high level of tech savviness.
- A firm grasp on effective and efficient communication through digital platforms.
- Fast learner able to adapt to a constantly changing environment and role.
- Have a basic understanding of healthy eating patterns and the importance of regular physical activity.
- Facilitates trust and rapport building by embodying an engaging, welcoming, friendly
· Ability to influence accountability and the ‘building up’ of our clients/client employees while
they are in the program.
· Demonstrates innovation and an acceptance of new ideas and concepts.
· Strong organization and customer service skills in order to provide compassionate, timely,
accurate, courteous, and appropriate responses to customer & internal requests.
· Effective problem-solving skills to take ownership of client employee issues, see the
problem-solving process through to resolution. Shows the ability to resolve conflicts and
overcome objections about health and behavior.
· Gather and consider all appropriate aspects of client situation and goals in advising clients,
preparing communications materials, timelines, etc.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, and appropriate
confidentiality in handling sensitive situations or complaints.
· Must be knowledgeable of HIPAA regulations
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to qualified individuals with
· Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force
frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or others wise move objects, including the
· Ability to perform intermediate Excel functions including spreadsheet formulas and functions,
queries, tables, merges, and special reports.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business publications. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information
and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute ratio and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
General office working conditions exist. Desk located in workstation area with little or no
privacy. Involves extended periods of sitting at a workstation performing computer duties.
Constant flow of interruptions by personnel, visitors to area and telephone calls.
Education: College degree in health education, nursing, athletic training, nutrition, or other health-related field.
Experience: 1-3 years of work experience in an office environment in a health
coach or related role. Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics
such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction,
and chronic conditions preferred. Experience with behavioral skill building is preferred.
Certification: Certifications in a related field or in progress to be completed within 6 months of hire. Willingness to become Health Coach certified within 6 months of hire.