National Account Manager – COVERGIRL Color Cosmetics
Consumer Beauty, Bentonville AR
We’re Coty, a global leader in beauty. We’re World #1 in Fragrance, World #2 in
Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics. Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150 countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
We’re looking for an Account Manager to join our Walmart Sales team. In this role you will be managing our COVERGIRL Color Cosmetics business with Walmart, managing our #1 business, to the #1 retail customer in Consumer Beauty, and leading the category in terms of sales and customer service. Responsibilities will include assessing account needs and monitoring all business, handling multiple tasks within the account, establishing strong relationships and a thorough understanding of the retailer to maximize potential.
This position reports to a Sales Director, who you will work closely with. You will also collaborate with several cross functional support teams in our Bentonville, Arkansas Walmart sales office and Coty NY Headquarters, including, but not limited to, Trade/Customer Marketing, Brand Marketing, Demand Planning and Sales Finance.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Analytic management of the business, utilizing all tools available to understand key drivers of the category and the Coty portfolio at Walmart
- Discovery of opportunities to drive consumption growth
- Enhancement of Coty’s position with Walmart through closer collaboration and partnership with the buying team
- Establishing an annual joint business plan between Walmart and Coty and driving alignment to the plan both internally and with Walmart
- Forecasting shipment and consumption patterns aligned to Coty’s Fiscal Year planning calendar
- Providing all shipment and consumption forecasts, account reporting and other sales reports requested by Coty Management via the Monthly Alignment Meetings
- Close partnership with inventory management and demand planning teams to build and maintain an accurate inventory forecast
- Communication and coordination of customer needs with Coty internal support teams as required to provide superior customer service
- Management of the elements of the P & L Scorecard, working to improve status at every level (reduce days outstanding, reduce returns, minimize expenditures on account specific programs, etc)
- Development of promotional strategy and presentations, special prepacks and events to maximize sales opportunities
- Management of trade funds to efficiently drive the business
- Management of weekly sales reporting and monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Ongoing analysis against business performance to drive incremental growth opportunities and visibility to current state
- Analytic support and preparation for all Walmart line reviews
- Tracking team output and performance against business objectives
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- 5-7 years working in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry in Sales, Category Management, or Trade/Customer Marketing
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong analytic experience and analytic curiosity
- Demonstrated capability leveraging a multitude of data sources and tools
- Demonstrated effectiveness for problem solving
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to tell a cohesive, fact-based sales story
- An eye for detail
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Experience working with Walmart
- BS Degree in Business or related field
- Ability to Travel
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team that is passionate about the work they do and knows how to have some fun along the way. The business you support will offer a diverse set of experiences that will enable you to grow your career in a variety of ways, with a company that has ample opportunity and strongly supports professional development.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.