Smith Schafer is currently looking for someone to lead and manage a variety of tax and accounting functions to help deliver high quality services to our clients. If you are interested in joining a mission, vision and values driven organization look no further than Smith Schafer & Associates.
Our firm has been recognized as on of the top Top 25 Public Accounting and Business Consulting firms in Minnesota and has been nationally recognized as one of the Top 300 Public Accounting firms in the nation.
- Build new and existing client relationships and demonstrate basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Review compiled financial statements and review various income tax returns for assigned clients, including individual, corporate, multi-state, etc.
- Recognize, anticipate, and resolve complex tax issues and make recommendations.
- Mentor and lead staff, and manage client relationships.
- Use current tax and accounting software applications effectively when completing engagements.
- Research technical tax issues.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- CPA exam passed and license is active.
- 5 years’ experience preparing and/or reviewing individual and corporate tax returns and compiled financial statements.
- Strong accounting, technical and analytical skills.
- At least 3 years of supervisory, research and leadership experience.
- A high level of organizational skills, focus and detail oriented with ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS office Suite including Excel and Word.
- Experience with ProSystems tax preparation software and QuickBooks.
- Excellent customer services demonstrated by history of proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable client services.
- Apply independent thought process when working on special projects.
- Prioritize workflow and manage multiple deadlines within required time constraints.
- Work efficiently and have flexibility to changes in schedule and work hours.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Perform effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel supporting various industries.