Adept Group is recruiting on the behalf of a Global leader with brands that are leaders in their respective markets, in their search for a Packaging Supervisor. Our client produces a full line of grocery (branded and private labels), industrial, food services, and specialty products with brands that are leaders in their respective markets. The Packaging Supervisor will direct sugar production operations on rotating shifts. The supervisor will direct teams of specialized union employees ensuring good manufacturing practices and safe operating procedures. The supervisor will achieve standard production volume, quality standards, and regulatory compliance through the supervision of hourly personnel on rotating shifts.
- Achieving results through subordinates in a unionized environment.
- Meeting or exceeding standard production rates while maintaining compliance with safety, regulatory and quality standards.
- Leading assigned teams in the continuous improvement process.
- Conducting regular shift meetings regarding safety, production, quality and other important information.
- Conducting training, monitoring and evaluating employee performance and implementing recommendations to improve employee performance.
- Analyzing production requirements to estimate worker hours and create production schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Computing amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and material requirement from storage area.
- Ensures quality of finished products by adhering to company policies, procedures and specifications, making any necessary corrections to the packaged product to produce a safe quality-final product.
- Coordinating flow of materials into and out of the production areas for distribution in accordance with production schedule.
- Conducting safety audits and ensuring that all safety requirements are met.
- Communicating with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspecting products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Providing guidance to workers in adjusting, repairing, and maintaining machines and equipment which fail to meet standards.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Ensures all required production, quality, and safety documentation is completed and delivered in accordance with department and company requirements.
- 4-year Degree in Industrial/Electrical/Sciences/Technical area preferred.
- Ability to train others.
- Quantifiable leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts.
- Industrial electric background, computer, PLC programming, mechanical troubleshooting, and management supervisory skills.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices is required.
- Minimum of 3-years experience in an industrial food manufacturing/production environment supervising union employees.
- Competitive Salary plus a bonus
- Healthcare plan, including Medical, Vision and Dental
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)