Masterack LLC provides high quality, professional-grade commercial vehicle equipment to fleets of all sizes and varieties. Masterack is an industry leader with over 45 years of experience in product design, manufacturing, and installation. We are proud to be the only organization in the industry who offers steel, aluminum, and composite product lines and facilities across the United States to meet the needs of any professional in the field.
Masterack LLC, maintains its corporate headquarters in Decatur, GA, a manufacturing plant in Social Circle, GA, and installation facilities across the United States. It operates as an independent business unit within J.B. Poindexter & Co, Inc. The Masterack brand is well established in its market and is among the leaders in product quality and innovation.
J.B. Poindexter & Co, Inc. (JBPCO), the parent company of Masterack LLC, is a privately held diversified manufacturing company with $1.7B dollars in annual revenue and 6,500 team members. Seven operating subsidiaries are engaged in the production of commercial van bodies, step-vans, utility trucks, funeral coaches, limousines, pick-up truck bed enclosures, precision machining and expandable foam plastics.
The Assistant Controller role will provide support to the CFO, finance and accounting department to ensure proper controllers and financials. The Assistant Controller will report to the Divisional CFO. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for the month end close process and timely reporting of financial results. Ensuring corporate deadlines are met related to financials and reporting. This position is located in Decatur, GA.
· Initiate and drive efficiency improvements in the finance and accounting area.
· Ensure a strong internal control environment is maintained
· Hands on ownership of timely month end close process for the site
· Preparation and review of monthly financial numbers, variance analysis, and reconciliations
· Assisting with the reporting of non-financial metrics
· Understanding mechanics of cost accounting and transaction flow
· Hands on and able to dig in and map processes through the system
· Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets/forecasts
· Assist in generating data to complete tax filings and reporting
· Make, review and approve various journal entries
· Responsible for reviewing cost rates in ERP system and updating costs as needed.
· Supervise 2-3 people
· Maintain current systems and support new system initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
· Experience within a manufacturing environment including GL entries, budgeting exposure
· Cost accounting exposure is required
· Exceptional research and process improvement skills
· Leadership and influencing skills
· Ability to work with all skill levels
· Strong skills in verbal, written, and presentation communications.
· Five plus years of related experience.
· Strong spreadsheet skills (MS Office applications) and ERP systems experience required
· JD Edwards experience would be a benefit, but not required.