Solar Operations Manager / Project Manager
174 Power Global, NEW YORK new york
174 Power Global, headquartered in Irvine, California, designs, builds and manages solar power plant solutions. The company brings a decade of global leadership in solar PV to North America, combining best-of-world technology, processes and partnerships to deliver utility-grade solar PV solutions customized for local energy markets. 174 Power Global offers the full spectrum of PV solutions – from power plant development, design, construction, operations and maintenance. With proven capabilities across the solar value chain, 174 Power Global minimizes uncertainty and risk, and helps customers achieve a higher return on their investment in solar energy.
The Solar Operations Manager / Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the timely Permit submission at the County and City level, which is accomplished by working closely with Director of Operations or Project Manager and City/County agencies, to proactively identify requirements and potential roadblocks and facilitating resolutions so projects remain on schedule. This position serves as a dynamic part of the Operations Team and is responsible of submitting building, electrical, and service permits to the New York City Department of Buildings. This position tracks budgets for projects and work with purchasing to negotiate vendor quotes for the best possible pricing.
This position is required to have an understanding of how to prepare and submit permit packages. Additionally, this position must have the ability to interpret city building and NEC codes, as well as utility requirements to ensure the project continues smoothly. Effective communication is one of the most important aspects of this role; your communication style must constantly adapt to your audience in order to achieve the desired results.
This position reports to the Director of Operations, or another senior management personnel that the President of the Company may designate. This position is based out of New York, NY and the ideal candidate will be within commutable distance to this location. This position may be required to travel up to 25% of the time.
Solar PV Project Permitting:
- Manage permit process from permit application to permission to operate;
- Inquire with AHJ (Authority having jurisdiction) and apply for AHJ specific licenses for GC work;
- Conduct research on permitting/zoning requirements for solar PV installations and contact AHJ to confirm all requirements are met;
- Complete building permitting forms and send to proper authorized signatory;
- Request Special Inspections and Asbestos tests for every project; when required;
- Obtain quotes for elevation, land surveys, and ACP5 (asbestos investigation in NYC) when required;
- Schedule surveyor and ACP5 testing with property owner;
- Send completed plans to Sub-Contracting Engineer for review and stamping;
- Submit finalized stamped plans to the buildings department for review and permit processing;
- Track the status of permit applications and address any unique or special permitting issues with Engineering and the building department for resubmission;
- Process form for electrical permitting processing and coordinate with master electrician if application needed in person. If processing online, Notify Master Electrician of new job;
- Schedule inspections after job completion; Electrical, Building Final, Fire (if required), and utility;
- Submit required paperwork to AHJ to close out project and acquire COC (Certificate of Completion) or LOC (Letter of Completion - NYC);
- Send property owner a tailored project centric close out packet;
- Assist with project procurement when required. Interface and provide streamlined project information and detailed bill of materials to the procurement managers;
Customer Service & Operations:
- Update property owners of project status during installation;
- Handle customer calls whether they are current residential or commercial clients;
Operations & Maintenance:
- Handle and document O&M issues alerts from direct customer or monitoring system (where applicable);
- Work with operations team on scheduling O&M technician for service calls, initial and subsequent site visits;
- Contact and follow up on open cases with OEM for any defects that are covered under warranty period;
- For any non-covered equipment defects; follow up with OEM for replacement quote and internal finance team for payment needed to OEM;
- Monitoring solar sites that have monitoring setup to confirm equipment is working and performing;
- Create quotes for billable O&M services & track progress to submit final invoice to accounting department for customer invoicing. Also create quotes for monitoring system renewals;
- Updating monthly site production information for PPA projects for billing purposes;
- Update Smartsheets with all relevant project status updates whether for new construction or O&M;
- A degree in Engineering, Operations, or another related field;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience preparing and submitting permit packages;
- Strong understanding of city building and NEC codes;
- Ability to travel, up to 25% of the time;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Assertive, able to cope with pressure, a team player;
- Excellent ability to communicate among construction, technical and non-technical personnel, both internally and outside the company; and
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving dynamic, environment.
174 Power Global provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. www.174powerglobal.com.