In this new role for HSM, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, implementing, sustaining, and leading an S&OP process. Integral to the process will be building a team to successfully execute an S&OP process launch in 12 to 18 months from inception.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze the current business environment within HSM to determine the tools and resources required to design, build, test, and implement a robust S&OP system. Identify any gaps that would impede the building and implementation of the system.
- As chief architect of the HSM S&OP system, execute strong leadership to build relationships and assemble a cross-functional S&OP team to include Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Procurement and Executive Management.
- Lead supporting technology selections as key enablement tools. Working with stakeholders in Procurement, IT, Finance, Sales and Marketing, the process owner will lead the selection of technology solutions that support the S&OP process. This can include existing tools and as commercially available solutions. The process owner will determine the level of technology sophistication that can support current S&OP needs and the company's future aspirations for higher S&OP maturity levels.
- Define the S&OP sub-processes of the S&OP process, which culminate in an agreed-upon plan that is finalized in the executive S&OP meeting. The typical sub processes are demand review, supply review and financial review.
- Develop initial first-year roadmaps and business processes to support the S&OP system.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) for the success of the S&OP process and ensure that KPIs are tied to performance of each function to drive common objectives across functions.
- Design the format and goals of the S&OP meeting and lead the management of monthly S&OP meetings in coordination with finance, supply chain, and business senior leaders.
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of on-going volume forecasts (demand, supply) as well as in creation of corresponding inventory plans, with the goal of building the appropriate monthly review process.
- As the process owner, design and implement an audit program to measure adherence to the process and ensure compliance.
- B.A. or B.S. degree required (MBA preferred) with a minimum eight (8) years of demand, supply, and/or operational planning experience in a high-velocity manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of S&OP, Demand, Supply and Financial Planning. ASCM/APICS or IBF Certification and Training in S&OP a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with S&OP implementation, integration and process execution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ERP systems (JD Edwards preferred).
- Strong cognitive and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill set.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Exposure to C-level executives in both running meetings and thinking strategy.
- Excellent ability to lead and manage teams cross-functionally, as well as influence diverse groups.
- Ability to lead effective training sessions and conduct one-on-one training.