Title: Jr Project Manager (Logistics)
Type: Employee + benefits
Location: Walnut, CA
Travel: 4 times per yr. – subject to change
Supporting: Information Technology Group
Reports To: IT Application Mgr
Start Date: ASAP
· A leading Logistics company
· Founded over 35 years ago has become a national leader
· Headquarter in NJ with offices around the USA - Walnut or Santa Fe Springs CA
· An award-winning company
· A leader in logistics and warehousing
· Annual sales over $150 Million Dollars
· 1000 employees
The Project Manager oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing project portfolio including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling project activities. The PM must also ensure operational issues are managed, focusing on the project interface with project leaders, project teams, technology, and process issues.
- Plan the delivery of projects and activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop a project evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the project portfolio and to identify areas for improvement
- Work closely with business owners to understand the drivers that affect their success.
- Lead complex projects and cross-functional delivery teams to ensure projects are conceived, designed, planned, tested and executed effectively. This will include project initiation, planning, execution, and efficiently communicating projects throughout their life cycle while managing risk to ensure that projects are delivered within time, budget, and quality targets.
- Perform business and operational analysis to address business challenges; document and present findings to stakeholders and Leadership team; guide solution delivery where needed.
- Ensure the business is prepared for any/all changes and/or impacts by creating change vision and strategy – stakeholder analysis, conduct impact analysis, assess change readiness, develop communications approach and engagement plan.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and document business requirements for technology initiatives & partner with IT to ensure solutions meet requirements.
- Document current-state business processes, perform gap analysis and guide future state process design to enable scalable growth.
- Challenge existing processes and drive/implement changes as needed.
- Coordination and negotiation support with outside partners/vendors as needed.
- Logistics experience
- 2-5yrs years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical systems experience
- Strong business acumen in project planning and management
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- PMP Certification a plus
- Travel required 10-15%