The Senior Learning Facilitator is a key player in championing the Company’s effort to generate solutions to engage and grow talent across the Company. This person will contribute to the creation and implementation of an industry-leading career development program with learning solutions that integrate the Company’s strategic plan, work plan initiatives, career paths, competencies, skills and measures of success. A passion for people, creativity and learning are essential to thrive in this culture-impacting role.
- Synthesizes critical information by collaborating with the project owners to:
- frame the challenge, problem, or need into tangible action items
- achieve a comprehensive understanding of the perceived training needs or gaps
- Determines the development requirements based on the analysis and assessment of the business owner and audience needs and writing Learning Objectives
- Collaborates in designing training solutions using effective instructional design practices and applicable methods
- Develops content for adult learners in a variety of formats, including e-learning, self-guided, instructor-led and different modalities including audio, video and animation, resulting in learning that enhances individual performance and achieves business objectives.
- Makes recommendations for leveraging and repurposing existing content, and developing new content in ways that minimize future maintenance and duplication of effort while meeting training intervention objectives.
- Collaborates in obtaining approval on the design plan from the training requestor, other stakeholders, and Talent Development management.
- Interprets project documentation and the design specification to structure and write content for a variety of purposes, including learning activities and exercises, testing instruments, facilitator guides, manager and learner guides, on-line content and reference materials.
- Collaborates in pilot testing materials and delivery method, constructs effective test questions that meet defined learning objective criteria and makes modifications as needed based on feedback received.
- Monitors the results of learning initiatives and implements updates to improve upon the desired results, including content and layout.
- Identifies and escalates issues that may impact project milestones or deliverables and recommends mitigation and/or potential solution, when appropriate.
- Consults and assists other Talent Development team members in the preparation of needs assessments, e.g., by writing surveys/questionnaires, gathering data, summarizing data, identifying performance gaps, etc.
- Requires a minimum of 8-10 years instructional design, or curriculum development experience using a variety of tools (can include, Lectora; Captivate; Articulate Storyline 2) to develop courseware, troubleshoot tool use and recommend optimal development approach.
- Experience using Microsoft suite of products (i.e., Word; PowerPoint) to develop training documentation and solutions, troubleshoot tool use and recommend best approach.
- Ability to use image editing software (i.e., Photoshop; Illustrator) to develop engaging visual / graphical assets, troubleshoot tool use and recommend optimal treatments.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult learning principles, mid-level understanding and knowledge of instructional design principles.
- Experience developing successful instructor-led, e-learning and self-guided training courses and materials.
- Above average writing skills and experience with a variety of writing styles.
- High degree of initiative, self-organization and self-management skills needed in order to work with minimal direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design; Applied Arts or English; Education, Multi-Disciplinary Curriculum, Technical/Business Writing or equivalent experience.
- Significant job experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Post Graduate Degree a plus
- CPLP or CPT is extremely helpful
- Train-the-Trainer, both technical & leadership facilitation certifications desired.
- ATD membership preferred