Commercial Account Representative
Mitsui Sumitomo Marine Management (u.s.a.), Inc., CINCINNATI ohio
Mitsui Sumitomo Marine Management U.S.A., Inc. is one of the world’s top ten property/casualty insurance carriers with over 40,000 employees worldwide.
Provides support and assistance to Operations and Underwriting staff. This includes quoting, rating and issuing policies and endorsements, collecting data, appropriately applying rates and factors, organizing files and reports, and performing administrative and customer service duties regarding new and renewal accounts that will assist in ensuring the operations and underwriting process is handled efficiently and accurately.
- Processes documents and requests received for policy issuance, changes, renewals, cancellations and reinstatements. Determines and calculates premiums for input into the rating system according to established Company procedures in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides excellent customer service in a timely and professional manner to internal and external customers including, but not limited to Underwriters, Operations, Claims, Premium Audit staff and Agents and Brokers to facilitate the processing of business with our current accounts and prospects. Troubleshoots for transaction processing issues with the Operations Department and researches and assists in resolving inquiries generated from internal and external customers (i.e. policy/account status, rating and billing issues, etc.).
- Is aware of zone goals and remains up to date on underwriting/rating procedures and system changes. Communicates updates by assigned line of business to Operations and Underwriters including systems issues, forms, procedures and processes.
- Willingness to share knowledge and expertise by participating in new departmental and/or company initiatives including, but not limited to, training of others and partnering with IT and/or National Operations on testing of system enhancements.
- Effectively communicates both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers to resolve problems and obtain information needed to process transactions.
- Performs quality control on peers as directed.
- Completes miscellaneous projects as required.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years prior commercial rating experience in an insurance environment.
- Experienced in interpreting Underwriting Manual/Guidelines, rating manual forms and workflow.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume to [email protected]
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.