Duties and responsibilities
- Maintains employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure, and other key details.
- Maintains accurate records of active job openings and received applications; manages internal and external job postings.
- Reviews applications for entry-level and non-exempt positions; conducts and/or schedules preliminary interviews.
- Performs administrative and recordkeeping tasks related to staffing changes, which may include promotions, transfers, layoffs, resignations, terminations, and extended leaves of absence.
- Assists with the administration of employee benefits, which may include collecting and submitting employee information and notice of change in status to health, dental, life, disability, and other insurance carriers or insurance brokers.
- Plans and supports company-wide information meetings such as open enrollment, new hire orientation, and meetings to announce or discuss changes in retirement or benefits plans.
- Conducts or assists with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- LinkedIn/ Indeed knowlege
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), and similar computer applications.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred.
· Three years of office experience preferred, with at least one year in human resources highly preferred.