Directly responsible for managing and maintaining ISO 9001:2015 quality management system while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of Presco. Leads a small team of quality assurance technicians. Professional position requiring collaboration with interdepartmental leadership, customers, vendors and local industry committees. Light domestic and international travel required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, improves, sustains overall ISO 9001:2015 quality management systems.
- Understand the manufacturing processes and customer specifications.
- Audit and update written procedures for functional areas.
- Maintain Presco Quality Assurance Manual.
- Contributes to team effort by assisting process owners in root cause analysis and effective corrective action activities.
- Responsible for material review board and nonconforming material process
- Participate in continuous improvement activity. Lead efforts where applicable.
- Available for communication with internal/external customers and suppliers on quality improvement activity
- Respond to customers with documented root cause and corrective action taken through proven methodologies.
- Direct efforts for quality related functions including ISO certification compliance, quality system management review, document control
- Accountable for internal, customer, supplier and third-party audits, including registrar audits.
- Responsible to drive corrective action system deadlines, including non-conformances resulting from internal and 3rd party audits
- Interact with process engineering team for ongoing improvements and to ensure optimal process capabilities
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. May overlook based on QA management work experience.
· Minimum of 5 years ISO 9001:2015 experience or equivalent. Documented training required.
· Excellent critical/analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making and planning skills.
· Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office.
· Ability to work in a team environment, which includes being self-motivated, accepting responsibilities, completing assigned action items and participating in a proactive manner in all team events.
· Ability to hold people accountable and confront.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
· Must be able to lift and /or move up to 75 pounds.
· Must be able to climb ladders
· The employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
· The employee may be exposed to wet or humid, indoor and outdoor conditions.
· The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
· The employee may be exposed to extremely dusty environments.
· The employee may be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
· The employee must be able to frequently travel between plants. Approximately 0.75 miles apart.
· The employee must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.