Director - Emergency Services - Piedmont Columbus
Piedmont Healthcare, COLUMBUS georgia
Under the Direction of the Vice President of Patient Services/Chief Nursing Officer has administrative and
operational responsibility for assigned departments, including management of cost and finance, human
resources, operations, quality of care and clinical outcomes, patient, physician and staff satisfaction,
change management and any other relevant responsibilities related to this position. Serves as part of a
the management team and Shared Governance Model focused on promoting the mission, vision and
values, of PHC and Nursing Professional Practice, embracing a person-centered philosophy while
promoting patient- family centered services across the continuum and enhancing value-driven outcomes.
1. Develops standards of performance, policies and procedures for designated areas of responsibility.
2. Organizes the areas of responsibility in accordance with administrative guidelines in order to provide
specified nursing and patient care services to meet organizational, regulatory privacy and Medical Staff
3. Manages, implements and effects Change
4. Maintains safe work environment and culture, promotes excellence in customer care.
5. Oversees planning, growth and strategic initiatives for assigned departments
6. Functions in an advisory capacity to the Vice President of Patient Services in evaluating proposed
changes as they relate to these departments.
7. Directs implementation and ensures compliance with standards of nursing and professional practice
that promotes optimum health care delivery along the lifecycle continuum.
8. Identifies opportunities for improved customer value.
9. Manages Quality Patient Care and Quality patient Outcomes
10. Manages Patient/Physician/Staff Satisfaction.
11. Collects and analyzes data to improve performances
12. Serves as part of a collaborative management team focused on promoting the Mission, Vision and
Values of Piedmont Healthcare. Writes and/or edits collateral material for marketing and public relations
purposes including but not limited to brochures, fliers, fact sheets, bios, and letters.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of five years of nursing experience and minimum of three years of progressive management
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.