- Independently responsible for range of accountaing responsibilities as well as function as a subject matter expert in financial technologies to ensure effective utilization of technology to meet department and business needs.
- Complete assigned aspects of accounting for designated entities. Effectively and accurately enter accounting transactions in complex organizational/partnership structures.
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for investors, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Record closing journal entries; coordinate monthly financial closing and analyze accounts for reasonableness.
- Analyze complex contracts for accounting requirements and ensure accounting entries and reports are compliant with applicable contracts.
- Compare performance with operating plans and standards. Provide reports and interpret the results of operations to the Project Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Analyze accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to defined standards.
- Initiate analysis of accounting systems and recommend or implement changes to systems to increase efficiency of the accounting department. Evaluate and recommend process, procedure, or system improvements.
- Provide leadership and guidance on projects involving financial technologies. Utilize knowledge of financial technologies to design and maintain accounting systems and offer technical support to users.
- Make appropriate changes to the financial system in place to maximize efficiencies
- Train staff on the use of financial systems and acts as a liaison to the information technology department.
- Resolve moderate to complex problems independently; escalate highly-complex situations to Controller or Director of Finance. Function independently in evaluating alternatives, conducting analysis, and making recommendations/decisions in alignment to regulatory requirements and project-specific business needs.
- Support and/or monitor internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Ensure work product complies with in-house standards, GAAP, best practices, and any other applicable regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (CPA or CPA candidate preferred)
- 2+ years related experience as well as intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
- Strong understanding of financial technologies and experience evaluating and improving system use to meet business/financial needs
- Outstanding verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookup and pivot tables without training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as accounting software such as NetSuite
- Strong planning, organizational, and complex problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter with effective judgment, discretion, and professionalism
- Ability to accurately account for transactions by reviewing contract language
- Recommend tax strategies that align with the business goals
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage competing deadlines or projects
- Committed team player with the ability to develop and maintain productive work relationships
- Flexibility conducive to a fast-paced, growing company environment