Jobs related to "Scientist/Senior Scientist, Cell Line Development"
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Cell Line Development
Kashiv BioSciences LLC, Piscataway New Jersey
The Cell Line Development Scientist will be responsible for generating high producing mammalian cell lines for recombinant protein production. These cell lines will be used for preclinical, clinical and commercial biosimilar manufacturing. The candidate will be responsible for the cell line development design and execution activities. The position will also be involved in upstream cell culture process development and other project-related activities. This position requires technical expertise in molecular biology, cell biology, understanding of regulatory requirement for manufacturing cell line and working knowledge in bioprocess development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to –
- Prepare, select, and develop mammalian cell lines for recombinant protein production
- Optimize mammalian expression plasmid vector sequences to improve transcription efficiency, mRNA stability, and recombinant protein expression
- Analyze target products using standard and high throughput assays
- Support upstream process development activities
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree, or Doctoral degree in chemical, biological, or biochemical sciences with at least 5 years of experience (2 years for PhD) in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Industry based stable cell line development experience
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated experience in modifying - vectors, sub-cloning of cDNAs into vectors, and associated molecular biology techniques
- Familiarity with flow cytometry (FACS), automated - cell imaging system, basic antibody characterization assays, and high throughput screening
- Experience in cell culture media and feed development is a plus
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- General work environment and physical demands as required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to work flexible hours as needed. Some travel may be involved.
- 70% laboratory and 30% office setting
- Extended hours or weekend hours may be occasionally necessary
· No extraordinary noise levels.
· Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
· No extraordinary requirements.
· High-paced demanding environment to meet ambitious project goals.
· Minimal travel may be required, but not to exceed 15%.