Sr Buyer (Capital Projects)
Anchor Glass Container Corp, TAMPA florida
The primary function of this position is to lead procurement for major projects by delivering best value for Anchor. Partner with internal and external customers through the project lifecycle and drive activities from procurement perspective. Manage RFP process including research of possible suppliers, negotiation, purchase order creation, issue resolution and bring the best value to company with cost, service, quality, reliability and relationship at the core. Measure and track key performance indicators (KPI’s) for procurement.
MAIN POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage strategic business partnerships with internal customers and suppliers that include requirements gathering, competitive bidding, negotiating prices, defining quality & service levels, purchase order creation, contract compliance, transportation, payment terms and conditions, issue resolution and internal reporting.
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations team to thoroughly understand project/plant requirements, technical and commercial background and support sourcing needs. Participate in project meetings and capital review meetings. Leverage best practices from various Anchor plants and other key stakeholders.
- Lead negotiations and bring best value by focusing on Total Cost of Ownership approach. Analyze and recommend suppliers and enter agreements on behalf of the company consistent with procurement best practices and company policies.
- Responsible for escalating issues to senior leaders for issues that may not meet the approved cost, delivery or scope of projects.
- Measure, track and report KPI on the regular basis to internal stakeholders that include project manager, plant managers and senior leadership.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to reduce costs, standardize procurement procedures and processes with plant, engineering, finance, sales, supply chain etc.
- Support budgeting and planning process for capital projects.
- Support additional activities and projects such as dunnage management, raw material freight, supplier development, packaging etc.
Requires a bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in procurement or supply chain.
Engineering background, or strong understanding of engineering and manufacturing.
Familiar with practices and procedures within procurement. Experience managing large capital projects and basic technical knowledge.
Work independently and able to communicate effectively by phone, in writing and in person with peers and all levels of management and outside suppliers.
Excellent organizational, communication, and decision-making skills.
Effective interpersonal and influence management skills to interact with cross-functional team members.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Any offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.
All position vacancies will be filled on a non-discriminatory basis, as provided in company policy, local, state and federal laws and regulations. The filling of vacancies will be determined on the basis of qualifications regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap, or national origin. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNTIY EMPLOYER