Jobs related to "Protection & Control Substation Designer"
Protection & Control Substation Designer
Kavaliro, MARIETTA georgia
This job is no longer available.
Kavaliro has an immediate need for Protection & Controls Designer's in Marietta, GA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under minimal direct supervision, in the area of expertise will provide technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems, effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, drawings and sketches, continuous improvement of job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance, effective oral and written communication skills, accurate records and files, support of the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 4 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Proven Autocad and/or Microstation skills.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interpret a P&C one-line and develop a protection and control design packageindependently with little or no direction.
- Experience designing P&C three-lines, AC/DC elementaries, panel fronts views, communication diagrams, cable schedules, bills of material andwiring diagrams.
- Basic understanding of relaying and SCADA communication equipment and how it integrates into P&C design.
- Experience performing detailed QA/QC reviews of Protection and Control design packages, including point-to-point checks.
- Ability to complete quality project work within defined schedules and budgets.
- Ability to train and mentor less experienced designers.
- Experience in utility industry required.