Jobs related to "After School Program Coordinator"
After School Program Coordinator
El Centro De La raza, SEATTLE washington
El Centro de la Raza is a voice and a hub for Seattle and Martin Luther King, Jr. County’s Latino community as we advocate on behalf of our people and work to achieve social justice. Through our comprehensive programs and services, we empower members of the Latino community as fully participating members of society. We also work to raise awareness with the public, and government, business and civic leaders about the needs of the Chicano/Latino community in the United States.
Responsible for coordinating the Plaza Maestas After School and Summer Learning Programs. The Program Coordinator will develop and update program curriculum, recruit program middle school particpants and volunteers. Responsible for data collection, data tracking, meeting performance commitments (as oulinted in the contract); prepare monthly reports and billings. The position is also responsible for coordination of the Summer Learning Program(s) under the direction of the Human Services Director.
· Meets academic and development Performance Commitments as outlined in City of Seattle contract including academic progress, improved English language and literacy skills, increased community or school connection, and increased self-confidence and pro-social skills.
· Manages all aspects of the After School Program in coordination with the Human Services Director.
· Coordinates outreach and recruitment at Plaza Roberto Maestas, neighborhood apartments, local schools, and other strategic locations.
· Attends daily After School & Summer classes (alternating between academic and cultural enrichment)
· Coordinates and supervises recreational and artistic activities including Friday programming and field trips.
· Coordinates case management, parent engagement activities, and parent workshops, with other youth programs as applicable.
· Tracks and manages participant demographic information and progress toward program outcomes in case files and organizational database.
· Meets and communicates with Human Services Director on a weekly basis to provide updates towards meeting program outcomes, issues and concerns.
· Engages volunteers from local colleges and universities for support of afterschool academic and cultural activities as well as Friday’s program activities.
· Attends all required staff meetings and weekly charlas.
· Coordinates, plans, supervises and executes the Plaza Roberto Maestas Summer Learning Program and the Levy Middle School Summer Learning Program, under the direction of the Human Services Director.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work well in a multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to work well with low-income youth from diverse backgrounds
· Must be organized, self-directed, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with staff and program partners.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality on participant files.
· Must perform in a professional manner at all times.
Essential minimum skills, education, and experience:
· Bilingual Spanish/English.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 4-5 years social service experience.
· Experience working with youth, preferably middle-school age
· Knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by Latino youth.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong computer skills (Microsoft Windows operating system)
· Work experience in an office environment and adherence to office protocol.
· Ability to support student volunteers.
Works in a general office environment and a classroom environment at El Centro de la Raza. Works a minimum of 40 hours per week. May require a flexible schedule. May work different hours on different days. May require some local travel.
NOTES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
A criminal background check is required for this position. The above duties or working procedures describe the chief function of the position and are not considered to be a detailed description of every duty of the position. Position requires a 6-month probationary period.
This position is eligible for El Centro de la Raza’s full benefit package including medical/dental/life insurance coverage, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and 8 paid holidays. In addition to these paid holidays, El Centro gives additional paid time off (up to 5 days) during the last week of December for qualified employees. El Centro employees also benefit from ongoing professional development opportunities.