Electronics Service Manager
Network Innovations, SEATTLE washington
Fusion Marine Technology Inc., owned by Network Innovations, is a growing industry leader in commercial maritime and electronics service. We have offices in Dutch Harbor, Kodiak, Seattle, Ft. Lauderdale and provide service for our clients nationally and globally.
Network Innovations equips our customers to Succeed. Anywhere. in the accomplishment of their mission through innovative communications, management, and value-added solutions supported by service teams located close to the leading defense and government, resources, media, and maritime centers worldwide. Founded in 1989, with headquarters located in Calgary, Alberta Canada with regional offices across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and South Africa, we employee around 200 employees worldwide. Visit us at www.networkinv.com to learn more about our company.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and supplemental coverages along with a 401k plan and Paid Time Off.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
The Service Manager interfaces directly with customers to maintain customer satisfaction by providing problem-solving resources; managing staff. Responsible for attaining company financial goals as related to service installation and repairs. Works closely with all departments to ensure success, in regards, to service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Regarding new and existing jobs.
- Schedules and annual maintenance, GMDSS surveys, etc. proactively.
- Performing walk throughs and delivering estimates (and assisting in their creation)
- Create estimates for customers
- Creating and or utilizing a Smart Sheet to retain pertinent vessel information
- Generate appropriate detail to define job expectations and provide to technicians. (I.e. Job, Job Number, Expected time to Complete)
- Obtain daily updates from all techs, regarding progress and problems with jobs.
- Arrange short term remote jobs.
- Work with technicians to ensure they have parts and knowledge needed for job completion.
Director of Commercial Service Reporting:
- Day to day taskings
- Maintain updated job and asset listings
- Vacation time for technicians
- Training and training schedule for technicians
- Arrange Dutch Travel Rotations (work with DH Service)
- Jobs requiring electrical support (i.e. Installation support)
- Jobs requiring technical support (i.e. DP Projects)
Reporting and Communications
- Report to customers as necessary, providing status updates, etc.
- Maintain budgets for individual jobs and report on problems coming up.Ensure project drawings and notes get into the proper dropbox folder.
- Ensure incident and injury reporting is conducted appropriately.
- Assist in maintenance of the Dropbox folder structure.
Employee Development and Accountability
- Day to day job tasking of technicians
- Checking in with employees daily to assess progress and provide opportunity to support them.
- Evaluate technician’s skill levels. Come up with plan to correct deficiencies.
- Follow up on training opportunities and plan scheduling of training.
- Generate and/or consolidate and organize the creation of SOP’s and Process documents
- Interview, Hire, and Terminate employees (in coordination with Director).
- Ensure paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Review Invoices for accuracy, escalate invoices where appropriate.
- Spot audits, randomize a schedule to check on each technician’s progress weekly.
Where necessary, getting out on the boats to assist with ongoing projects.
- Five years’ experience managing large commercial projects or managing a service department or similar operational experience.
- Microsoft office products proficient (excel, outlook, etc.)
- Able to receive a TWIC card within 2 months of hire.
- Able to qualify for Military base access.
- Customer service skills
- Experience with financial aspect of business management.
- Decision making, Process Improvement, Emphasizing Excellence
- Strong working knowledge of electrical safety standards.
- Technical knowledge of two-way radio, microwave and satellite communications (preferred).
- FCC GMDSS Maintainer’s License or ability to acquire license within six months of hire.
- Must be self-motivated and team oriented.
- Must have clean driving record, valid driver license and be insurable.
- Know how to use an RFI, Watt meter, Spectrum analyzer, and other test equipment (preferred).
- Personal Characteristics: problem solving, strategic thinking, confidential and ethical, results driven, customer focus, and a team player.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; any incumbent must be committed to self-development including lifelong learning, regardless of their formal education.
A willingness to embrace and live the core values of Network Innovations.
- Commercial maritime experience highly (preferred)
- Marine electrical/electronic experience (preferred)
- Proven leadership skills (required)
- Marine Electronics Technicians
- Marine Electricians
Working conditions and Physical requirements:
This position does have a standard 7-4, M-F schedule, but there is demand for potential shift rotation and/or on-call requirements. However, the incumbent must be available 24/7 x 365, within reason, to advance his/her team and the organization. The position operates in a professional office environment and various Oil & Gas manufacturing facilities. Applicant must be comfortable working in shipyard environments, onboard fish processing vessels, and working from heights for prolonged periods of time. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk and climb.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to hear is crucial.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle is required.
Disclaimer Statement: This job description lists the essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed above provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.