Jobs related to "Program Support Specialist"
This full-time contract position will work within in our client's Technical Training Center (TFBT). This position will provide training support to TFBT's apprentice, journeyman, craftsman and continuous training programs and will perform related clerical/administrative tasks. In addition, the position will: provide data entry on multiple computer applications; coordinate schedules; and research answers for policy application. This position will assist the TFBT COR with training contracts and conduct annual training needs assessments, track training plan execution, and develop training reports.
Organization & Culture:
Technical Training coordinates present, future, and continuing education training needs for electrical apprentices, electrical crafts trainees Power Control System, System Protection and Control, Labs, Data Systems and Instrumentation, non-electrical craft apprentices, journeymen and craftsmen. This position will participate in and support the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of apprenticeship, craft specific, and continuing education training programs for our client's hourly and annual employees and provide support for training specialists and instructors in the use of HRMIS; support for Contract Official Representatives (COR) with their tasks; and provision of technical training services to our client, including participation in training needs assessments and execution of training programs.
Administrative/Clerical Support (20%):
- Performs data entry using multiple computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Asset Suite, PeopleSoft, Concur (Government travel service), Microsoft SharePoint, etc. May enter inventory management data, vehicle mileage, training, travel, pen base program, utility bills, etc. Will use Veteran Affairs data tracking program to enter apprentice training information.
- Verifies group/organization timekeeping is accurate and follows our client's established guidelines, policies, and negotiated bargaining agreements (such as Columbia Power Trade Council (CPTC) for hourly workers). Where required, inputs time and labor information into appropriate system.
- As required, following established policy and process prepares travel authorization and arrangements for management and staff travel using on line systems such as Concur (our client's travel software), etc. Prepares travel vouchers following established process using on line system, entering data from staff daily work reports and other communication.
- Performs data entry for P-card transactions, materials requests and invoices.
- Answers telephone calls and responds to routine telephone requests that have standard answers; refers calls and visitors to appropriate management and staff. As required, controls mail to assure timely staff response, and sends form letters. Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail, including bulk mailing packages.
- As requested, maintains calendars, makes appointments, and arranges for meeting rooms.
- Establishes and maintains office files and provides clerical support, preparing forms for district functions, maintaining catalogs and posting (filing) changes to manuals.
- As requested, assists staff in the routine use of software applications, i.e., Microsoft Office, etc.
- Process and submit requests to manager for approval for needed office supplies; distribute supplies to appropriate staff per our client's established procedures.
- Serves as point-of-contact person for district or other office personnel regarding general district or administrative information.
- Coordinates and assists manager with development of annual managers’ and employees’ performance appraisal plans; implements, oversees and completes related documentation. Schedules and tracks to completion all managers’ and employees’ progress reviews, while performing associated follow-up to obtaining requisite signatures and approvals.
- Provides a wide variety of confidential administrative/clerical tasks for the managers and staff for the assigned organization, managers and support staff.
- Assist our client's manager in a variety of personnel and other actions for BFTE and CFTE which may include:
- Assist employees and managers with completion of all required training by communicating what training is due, how to obtain training, submitting external training requests, and tracking training completion status.
- Assist manager by keeping abreast of training deadlines and necessary personnel actions.
- Set up and coordinate interviews and meetings for managers, including preparing proper access documents and escorting visitors.
- Schedule performance appraisals, progress reviews, mid-point reviews and discussions, while performing associated follow-up to obtain requisite signatures and approvals.
- Coordinate and track reporting requirements and activities related to federal staff including creation/submission of travel documents and telework agreements and required training.
- Schedule and track to completion all performance appraisals, progress reviews, mid-point reviews and discussions, while performing associated follow-up to obtain requisite signatures and approvals. Validate documentation submission to Human Capital Management (HCM) is accurately completed within established timelines.
- Arrange travel (domestic, invitational and foreign), such as airline arrangements, hotel accommodations, and rental car and shuttle reservations, which may include:
- Assist management and staff in setting up profiles in our client's travel system (currently Concur).
- Prepare / draft necessary foreign and domestic forms associated with travel.
- Prepare and process travel authorizations and vouchers for group managers and staff using Concur.
- Validate that travel is complete and processing travel documentation in a timely manner and in accordance with federal and our client's travel procedures and policies.
- Track, monitor and notify our client's manager and subject personnel of needed approvals, signatures or other actions to enable timely reimbursement processing and reporting.
- Coordinate and assist managers and staff with Time & Attendance per established procedures, which may include
- Provide overall administrative support to staff members by acting as the liaison with HCM, IT, SLMO, Workflow Connection, Security, Safety, Motor Pool, Facilities / Space Management and administrative services groups which may include processing, coordinating, requesting and tracking.
- Assist with scheduling interviews through Fieldglass; preparing interview packets for assigned manager(s).
- Perform data entry, provide maintenance, tracking and reporting for a variety of organizational databases and management reports.
- Manage all records in accordance with the Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) policy and procedure and compliance requirements:
- File and disperse documents/letters to appropriate personnel.
- Validate that official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes.
- With oversight and approval of our client's manager / federal personnel, provide an annual review and inventory of official files and maintain the organizational file outline.
- May coordinate or assist with organizational and agency events such as: presentations, retirements, project or employee recognition celebrations, and CFC events.
Education & Corresponding Experience (required on matrix):
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Business Operations or a related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 2- years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 4+ years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 6+ years of experience is required.
- Experience should consistent with program/project coordination/control and progressively more technical in nature.
Required Technical Skills & Experience (required on matrix):
- 2+ years’ experience performing administrative functions in an automated learning management system.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in administrative support functions.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint.
Preferred Skills & Experience (optional on matrix):
- Proficiency in Visio and Adobe Pro.
- Proficiency in MS Project.
Additional Requirements (not required on matrix):
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Access to the ePerformance system is required. This position may be designated by our client's manager as a proxy to access this system in order to assist the manager in completing documentation for our client's employee performance reviews. Granting contract personnel access to this system will require encrypted transmission of a limited amount of Personally Identifiable Information (PII), specifically Social Security Number and Date Of Birth, to DOE system administrators. The selected candidate’s acceptance of this contract position will also comprise permission for our client to encrypt and transmit the limited PII data to DOE HQ in Washington DC, in order to create the system logon ID for the selected individual.
Hazards & Risks:
- Position requires the ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.