Solovis is a revolutionary SaaS platform designed for investment managers who focus on multi-asset and multi-manager portfolios. Whether a family office, endowment, foundation, fund of fund or RIA, Solovis is designed to flexibly define and report on your investment world. Solovis allows data aggregation for hedge funds, private equity funds, portfolio companies, direct securities and other asset types from service providers, accounting systems or directly within the system itself. You can supplement data at any level of investment including estimated performance, proxied performance, risk exposure, etc. and report internally and externally on any custom defined attribute, investment, or entity. The system features customizable reporting, document management, relationship management and many other features that help make Solovis "One Platform for All Your Assets.”
We’re looking for several Operations Analysts to help fill out our teams in our Irving, TX & Charlottesville, VA locations. Operations Analysts have the opportunity to join a newly formed group responsible for providing Solovis clients with ongoing support related to data and reporting. This new service evolved out of an increasing number of requests from clients who loved the output of the Solovis application, but did not have the internal staffing expertise to handle the relevant inputs. Job duties focus on interpreting and normalizing data, providing back-office services, and leading ongoing data support for a client post-implementation. Additional duties include:
- Tracking calls, distributions, subscriptions and redemptions.
- Cash flow and bank account reconciliations.
- Performance management estimates and actuals from externally managed funds.
- Reconciliation with custodians, administrators, and service providers.
- Entering exposures from private and public market funds.
- Inputting portfolio company detail from private investments.
- Entering long and short, net and gross exposures.
- Enhancing transparency from marketable funds through 13-F detail and direct transparency.
- Tracking direct investments, SMA’s and brokerage account holdings.
- Assist with loading additional data sets to support client reporting and dashboard creation.
- Develop new business processes with clients to streamline data aggregation and loading.
You’ll start by going through a “boot camp” where you’ll learn about our software and the investment industry. Then you’ll spend your days working in spreadsheets and client portals so you need to be the kind of person who takes pride in receiving and reviewing large datasets and then re-organizing them to produce a neat, accurate portfolio model in our system.
People who love this job:
- Love details
- Are at ease with numbers
- Enjoy data analysis and can identify information by categorizing, estimating, reorganizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events
- Quickly become familiar with investment reporting including back office / accounting and front office / performance, exposure, liquidity, etc.
- Grasp the investment management landscape (investment managers, clients, securities/holdings and third party vendors/ data providers) with minimal training
- Are comfortable working on their own or in a team environment
- Want a job where they can learn new things every day
- Live in or are willing to relocate themselves to Charlottesville, VA or Dallas, TX.
- Up to two years of experience, a related degree, may have had an internship in a related business like an endowment or investment manager.
- Strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, have a strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong Excel skills
Solovis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind:
Solovis is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Solovis are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to national, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.