Jobs related to "Creative Director"
In support of the Executive Arts Director (EAD), the Creative Director leads the creative direction of Lighthouse Church (LH), reaching and engaging various audiences, including worship service attendees, ministry areas, special events, and external audiences. The Creative Director will champion the marketing strategy and creative process from conceptualization to execution as he or she leads a growing team of creative professionals to produce all creative deliverables necessary to support the mission and vision of LH. As a “jack of all trades” creative, the Creative Director will pair relatable, compelling copy with fresh, innovative design and relevant marketing strategies to communicate all Jesus is doing in and through LH.
Essential Job Functions
- In support of the EAD, provide training and direct oversight on all creative work, including but not limited to graphic design, social media, photography, film, website, print/digital media, and stage/interior design.
- Lead weekly creative meetings with the Creative Division and/or Arts Department to dream, develop, and pitch ideas related to assigned and potential projects; manage project timelines to ensure all deliverables are completed on time.
- In conjunction with the EAD, develop and implement creative brief template and process for all creative projects.
- Collaborate with the Worship Director and Production Director to create relevant designs, innovative production elements, and engaging content, creating consistent and relevant environments for worship services and special events.
- Build and maintain LH Brand Style Guide, ensuring all content is current and relevant.
- Oversee the development of the website, maximizing effectiveness through clean design and concise copy; build engagement with those who interact with LH through our digital channels, including the LH App, social media, and website.
- Manage the LH social media strategy in support of the mission and vision of LH.
- Develop a system for capturing and sharing stories of those involved at LH across all communications channels as appropriate and on all levels (individual, family, small groups, corporately, etc.); lead team to create compelling, storied videos that communicate what Jesus is doing at LH on an individual, group, and corporate level; create “one-off” films/intros for special events, including Easter, Christmas & Baptisms.
- Oversee all design elements related to the LH Merch Store; follow the latest fashion trends, recommending innovative new products and designs on a quarterly basis.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers to grow and perform in their creative function, including but not limited to graphic design, social media, photography, film, website, print and digital media, and stage/interior design.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for the Creative Department and manage spending to budget.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate is an LH partner with a minimum of 6 years experience of creative direction and/or marketing in a church and/or business environment. A degree in graphic design, marketing or art is preferred and expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud applications is required (a portfolio including examples of print and digital work is required).
The successful individual possesses a strong creative vision with branding, concept and strategy development, and integrated marketing. He or she is a seasoned leader with exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills, and is comfortable collaborating across teams and ministries. He or she has the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment while leading a cross-functional team of creatives.
This is a full-time position (40 hours) compensated at a rate depending on experience.