Do you consider yourself an up and coming HR professional looking for your next challenge? Do you want to see your ideas come to life and make an impact on an organization? Are you all about providing an exceptional employee experience?
The AdvanTec People & Culture Team is looking for a positive, outgoing and service oriented HR professional to join our People & Culture team in Gold Beach, OR. As the People & Culture Generalist (US), you will provide full-cycle HR support to managers and team members in our US facilities in Oregon and Washington including Recruitment, Training & Development, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefits, Wellness and Health and Safety!
Here at AdvanTec, we are continuing our journey to build a solid HR team and development and implement meaningful programs and processes for our managers and team members. We are looking for someone to come on this journey with us and help make a big impact!
Please note, the role will require quarterly travel to our other US location in Gold Beach, OR and our Canadian facility in Chilliwack, BC.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- To provide support and be a key influencer of organizational culture, including presenting at the weekly huddle and participating on the Culture Committee
- Recruitment up to and including management, does not include executive or leadership level
- Onboarding all new US employees
- Maintain and improve performance management and review processes
- Coordinate development plans for existing individuals, departments and organizational levels to support company growth
- Oversee US benefits for the organization including coordinating employee benefits programs and annual enrollment
- Act as a subject matter expert for employees on benefits programs
- Coordinate workers compensation (SAIF, ECB), Return to Work/ Stay at Work, unemployment and statutory leave programs
- Complete employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting
- Manage US employee training and development programs and processes
- Assist in policy development, implementation and documentation for US team members
- Act as an advisor to management on employment legislation
- Promote and maintain employee relations
- Oversee and manage the US employee recognition programs
- Assist in organizing and delivering company events
- Facilitate employee communication through attending huddles, contributing to the monthly newsletters and more
- Review annual compensation reviews and recommendations with the HR Manager
- Review termination/layoff recommendations with HR Manager
- Conduct Exit interviews and analytic reporting with recommendations
- Develop & train all new supervisors and manager on HR processes and policies
- Reporting KPI’s bases on individual & facility goals
- Build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
- Program development & duties as required
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Minimum 3 years experience providing HR support within a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors Degree with a focus in HR or diploma or higher certification in Human Resources
- Strong knowledge of employment law in Washington and Oregon
- HR Professional designation or working towards is considered an asset
- Proven experience supporting managers and employees locally and remotely
- Excellent ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks within a fast-paced environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and provide exceptional service to managers and team members
- Ability to hold people accountable and see projects and tasks through the completion
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment
- Proven ability to learn quickly and be an information “sponge”
- Experience using a HRIS (ADP Workforce Now is an asset)
- Previous experience conducting high volume recruitments
- Previous experience facilitating training sessions and designing training & development programs is an asset
- Your integrity is admired by those around you
- You radiate positive energy and have an outgoing personality
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization
- Our full-time employees are eligible for our 401K matching program and we have a great benefits package
- We have a fantastic bonus program for all staff
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization
AdvanTec Manufacturing offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com.
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Manufacturing USA. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted