Responsible for participating in the safe operation of receiving, storing, loading, and securement of material and equipment in the warehouse. Coordinates the scheduling of incoming and outgoing deliveries. Schedules manpower as needed for overtime and special deliveries.
- Participates in the safe unloading and reloading of customer owned material and equipment.
- Works with our customers to setup and coordinate jobsite equipment deliveries
- Stays in contact with the operations manager with changes throughout the day.
- Facilitates the acquisition of oversize permits.
- Schedules and works with outside trucking vendors to satisfy our trucking capacity.
- Unload trucks and accurately receive merchandise, matching bills of lading to packing slips/quotes.
- Actively lives our culture of excellence and holds team members accountable to adhere to the same standards.
- Interpret customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped and maintain accurate documentation and records.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- Adheres to all Company safety rules, standards, and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires strong organizational and communication skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to effectively build rapport with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Requires a positive attitude and ability to function both independently and in a team setting.
- Must possess strong mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage time effectively.
- Must possess strong computer skills with, but not limited to, Outlook, Excel, SX, or other ERP system.
- Must be able to communicate in English with regard to the essential functions of the position
Required Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of prior warehouse experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prior forklift experience required.
- Prior rigging experience preferred, but not required
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 lbs.
- Requires visual, hearing, and speech acuity.
- Requires the ability to stand and walk long distances for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures and elements, noise, and fumes.
Check out our website https://www.bulldogcartage.com/
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE!