The Quality Auditor will interact with others, following the guidance of the Quality Manager, to inspect parts and monitor production processes to ensure adherence to Tennsco’s quality standards. Individual will work with a variety of tools in order to ensure quality parts are manufactured to engineering specifications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; quarantining and reporting status of nonconformances.
- Verify inspection data to determine conformance and compliance to specifications.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing rework and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions and verifying the accuracy of measuring equipment; calling for repairs/calibration.
- Act as a point of contact for answering quality related questions from manufacturing personnel.
- Promote a work environment of world class quality and continual improvement.
- Follow through on any tasks, assignments or projects that management assigns.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications/Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Proactive and Positive attitude to EHS and Quality.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Must be able to use measurement equipment such as a tape measure, scale, caliper, micrometer, hardness tester, optical comparator, etc.
- Must be able to perform mathematical functions in both fractional and decimal formats.
- Distinguish between colors.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate well individually and in a team environment.
- Work overtime as required.
Candidate must have a broad knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
Must have previous quality control and/or other related experience.
Must have advanced computer skills.