Human Resources Manager
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Memphis tennessee
Why a Great Opportunity
Divsion of a huge company with great opportunities for growth, very visible position!
This position is accountable for managing the location’s Human Resources function and is responsible for creating and implementing Human Resources policies. Responsible for partnering with the business operations team to ensure a complete understanding of business needs and objectives.
This position will also be responsible for and/or serve as an HR liaison for most of the following areas: succession planning, talent management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, EEO, safety, medical, recruitment, federal and state law compliance, records retention, community relations, and training and development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and administer plant HR policies (attendance, general work rules, leaves, etc.)
- Develop and maintain HR metrics (turnover rates, time-to-fill)
- Human capital planning and workforce development (Succession planning, work force score card, retention planning & training initiatives)
- Advise and counsel management in handling of labor issues/disputes to ensure compliance with bargaining agreement
- Administer the grievance and arbitration procedure
- Recruit hourly and salaried positions
- Support Operations team and other staff managers to coordinate manpower plans and help establish work schedules, job assignments, and any additional support needed to meet departmental goals
- Partner with business operations to resolve problems, complaints and other employee related issues
- Ensure compliance across legal, regulatory and internal policies
- Oversee workers’ compensation program for the facility
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Labor Relations or Business
- 3 to 10 years of HR Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Mississippi State Laws, Federal Laws and regulations in the areas of wage and hour laws, employment law, and workers’ compensation required.
- Knowledge of HRIS Systems – Power Source II, Workday, Crystal Report Writing, Kronos and Compass 6e
- MBA or Advanced degree in Human Resource Management preferred
- PHR/SPHR preferred
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have an analytical mind that provides creative solutions to day-to-day problems
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to influence and work effectively across all levels
- Demonstrate discretion, able to work with sensitive and confidential materials and possess good business judgment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.