Senior Linux Engineer
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Stamford connecticut
Why a Great Opportunity
Our client, a highly successful financial-technology company using high availability servers and advanced technologies, is seeking a hands-on Senior Linux System Administrator to support global systems.
Relocation Assistance available
If you are seeking a position with exceptional stability and security along with superior long-term compensation, our client would be an excellent fit for you. Strong career path.
- Relocaiton assistance - client is in the greater New York City area (Stamford CT very commutable & near train)
- Highly diverse responsibilities and technical involvement
- Kernel work, advanced technologies and special projects
- Be part of experienced, collaborative and well run global Linux team
- Career path of choice
- Outstanding and dependable annual bonuses and superior benefits (fully paid medical, investment programs etc)
This Sr Linux Engineer will be a key technical resource on routine and complex projects. Will work collaboratively in a non-siloed environment with an experienced team of Red Hat Linux team.
This person must have in-depth experience in active production environments, excellent diagnostic skills, an understanding of complex systems and security issues, and ability to act as go-to person for junior level staff.
Will act as senior technical resource for full scope of Linux support in global environment inlcuding performance issues, upgrading and supporting hardward and operating systems, automation, deep analysis of problem areas, and special projects.
- Expert level Linux System engineering skills with a minimum of 8-10 years of Linux support experience.
- Good understanding of Linux kernel
- Strong Unix scripting skills with Perl or other scripting languages
- Strong experience with automating procedures is highly desired.
- Good foundation or understanding of network technologies - NFS, DNS etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools is desired.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
- Interest in a fast-paced, mission critical environment
- Ability to provide technical leadership as necessary
- Abilities to mentor and give direction to junior level staff.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Passionate about Linux systems and advanced technologies.
- Masters or BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or other hard science.