Why a Great Opportunity
Our client, a global chemicals company, offers competitive salaries, a wide array of benefit options, and an exceptional retirement savings plan. These are just some of the many ways the Company recognize its employees for the large difference they make to Company's success.
Long-time, stable company growing through acquisitions. This company continues to improve its assets through capital investment.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct oversight and supervision of the South Arkansas Air Compliance Program. South Arkansas has a robust Clean Air Act regulatory oversight including three Title V air permits and many other compliance obligations (chemical weapons reporting, RMP, LDAR, etc.). As such, an experienced engineer is required to provide direction and oversight to the Air Compliance Program, as well as the support and development of junior personnel within the program. The ultimate goal is to develop a core team of in-house subject matter experts to support operational compliance improvement and permitting strategy while successfully meeting all regulatory compliance and reporting obligations.
- Permitting Strategy and Project Support
- Compliance Reporting
- Working Internally/Externally to Promote Company Sustainable Initiatives
- Federal and State Rule Interpretation and Meetings
- Inspections, Reports, and Presentations for Inside/Outside Customers
- Team Development and Improvement
- Program Continuous Improvement
- Program Contractor Support Management
- Requires a college degree in either Engineering (chemical or environmental) or comparable science (chemistry, environmental science, etc.)
- Requires prior industrial air compliance and permitting experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in this field is required
- Must possess knowledge of Clean Air Act Title V permitting requirements
- Either possess Professional Engineering certification or similar credential, or the ability to acquire this certification within 1-3 years is of advantage.