As an engineering intern working in Data, you’ll sit with a team of software engineers, data scientists, and business analysts, working closely with your team to turn complex sources into valuable insights. Our projects improve the efficiency and amplify the effectiveness of other teams through data services and applications. We’re responsible for many different datasets and use a variety of data pipelines and tools, and will customize your internship around your interests and skills. You’ll work on a team where constant learning and team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture.
Our data engineering work here at Squarespace is divided into two areas:
- You’ll work directly with data scientists and analysts to help solve problems with data.
- You’ll work with our data warehouse and ETL systems that ingest data affecting marketing, business reporting, product research and long-term company decisions.
- You’ll work directly with engineers and data scientists to improve the efficiency and amplify the effectiveness of other teams through data services and applications.
- You’ll work with streaming systems that ingest hundreds of millions of event records per day and batch systems built on top of hundreds of terabytes of data.
- Collaborate with other engineers, building high-quality solutions and data processing services for an internal customer
- Participate as a regular member of a team of engineers. You’ll contribute to code reviews, technical discussions, and attend regular team meetings.
- Communicate with engineers, analysts and other partners to lead development of solutions
- Learn new data stores, ETL tools and other technologies as needed
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- A foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Experience with Python and data stores such as Postgresql, MongoDB and HDFS
- Curiosity about how a technology company builds software for itself
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.